ADVERTISEMENT

WNIT?

Yeah it is a big bummer....a health squad wins 1 or 2 more...but maybe we get a home game? At least I can go and watch them play. But I know they deserved a NCAA bid

When was the last time the lady cats.
Might be time for a change already done a great job but might need a change in leadership

No way - Harry runs a clash program with great students. They came up short this year. He has a transfer from Tennessee and a great highly ranked guard coming in as well.

They will be fine.

No way - Harry runs a clash program with great students. They came up short this year. He has a transfer from Tennessee and a great highly ranked guard coming in as well.

They will be fine.

mosby2,

Every year when academic awards are given,
The LadyCats are at the top. On this very board
recently it was posted that Harry can only recruit
superior students. Since Jay's team financially
supports all other VU teams, he could probably
take a chance on a less than a superior student,
but all of his kids graduate. Harry can not take a chance
on any player who isn't a superior student because
he can't lose a scholarship student for academic reasons.

They were in the NCAA Tournament until Coyer got hurt. ESPN had them at a 10 or 11 seed. Anytime you lose your leading scorer it obviously hurts performance, chemistry, and sometimes overlooked- morale!

Liberty is no slouch, it will be a tough game. Support the Cats!

Hopefully next season we can avoid the injury bug. It happens, its part of sports, it's unfortunate.

Reactions: ericw and mosby2
Whitecat- I know and understand that. It is why while I am disappointed they didn't a her a bid, I appreciate what Harry can work with. Plus these student athletes are amazing people and have been so friendly to my kids after games etc.

He does a tremendous job with the parameters he has to work within. Plus as he says he produces wonderful members of society when they graduate.

I will be rooting for them thrusday night...lets win this thing!

Reactions: ericw
Harry actually thinks that he's reponsible for these girls' character, wow, move over Father Flanagan.

Lady cats win going away. Host another wnit game Saturday night.

Great bunch of girls

He recruits players with good character, which is obviously a smart thing to do. As said before the academic requirements for women's basketball are very high. You can believe those players are very intelligent and hard workers in the classroom.

Reactions: mosby2
Well tough loss tonight for the lady cats...big bummer. They just didn't have it - shots were t falling.

Harry has a good core group for next season though. I will miss the seniors - especially he coyer twins

It has been our family's tremendous honor and pleasure representing Villanova the past four years. The girls definitely made the right decision.

The run the twins (and Chris our son) have had over the past 15 years has been truly blessed - an embarrassment of riches.

We will be around......

Thanks for all the kind words.

[/QUOTE]The run the twins (and Chris our son) have had over the past 15 years has been truly blessed - an embarrassment of riches.

We will be around......

Thanks for all the kind words.[/QUOTE]

Well said, Chris. Sorry that the student body and general population never comes out to see and support the effort that the girls put in to play D1 basketball at Nova. I have concluded that is never going to change in my lifetime. TP

Thanks Chris - it has been a real pleasure watching them play - my daughter has all four years of the team poster in her a room and we never miss a home game now. They are truly wonderful student athletes. They have inspired lots of girls including my daughter.

I wish them well in their future careers - I hope Caroline heals quickly and is back in basketball at some point.

Both girls are headed for the knife. People don't know it but we have been holding Katherine together with paper clips and duct tape for the last two years.

Meniscus and articular cartilage surgery for her in the next couple of weeks - 12 month rehab.

Caroline will probably be drafted even though she's hurt right now, so she will be coming to a WNBA team near you hopefully.

By the way, we just heard that Caroline was BIg 5 POY again this year. We continue to be blessed........

I thought Katherine was holding on....saw her go down in the liberty game...was hoping she would be ok.

Wow.....well, they both have been amazing - on the court and as representatives of the university. Will be proud to have them as part of the alumni family and I know lots of young girls look up to them.

Hopefully Caroline stays close!

Best wishes to them both.

I thought Katherine was holding on....saw her go down in the liberty game...was hoping she would be ok.

Wow.....well, they both have been amazing - on the court and as representatives of the university. Will be proud to have them as part of the alumni family and I know lots of young girls look up to them.

Hopefully Caroline stays close!

Best wishes to them both.
Both Caroline and Katherine will be graduating together even though Katherine was originally being redshirted her freshman year because Caroline had been hurt. Maybe a special benefit?

Tough that Caroline got injured again then Katherine too. But then they both showed up at the next Jay Wright show where Caroline did a great job on the show for with her great smile and personality as part of the show in spite of her crutches. Both have played their hearts out for Villanova as do their teammates, and for Harry.

Special that your son had been MVP on Temple's Bowl team his junior year then coming to Villanova to watch his sisters play quite often. Loved your 5-10 Shirt.

May both girls have full recoveries. Ironically my son had one of his knees done by a VU doctor that he'd hurt skiing. He's OK now. I Missed the NIT games because we were at his house up in Mass that week kid and dog sitting. We'll all miss your daughters next year. You too.

Reactions: mosby2
Both Caroline and Katherine will be graduating together even though Katherine was originally being redshirted her freshman year because Caroline had been hurt. Maybe a special benefit?

Tough that Caroline got injured again then Katherine too. But then they both showed up at the next Jay Wright show where Caroline did a great job on the show for with her great smile and personality as part of the show in spite of her crutches. Both have played their hearts out for Villanova as do their teammates, and for Harry.

Special that your son had been MVP on Temple's Bowl team his junior year then coming to Villanova to watch his sisters play quite often. Loved your 5-10 Shirt.

May both girls have full recoveries. Ironically my son had one of his knees done by a VU doctor that he'd hurt skiing. He's OK now. I Missed the NIT games because we were at his house up in Mass that week kid and dog sitting. We'll all miss your daughters next year. You too.

Well said - always loved the 5/10 shirt as well. You have a wonderful family and we were lucky to enjoy them for these years Villanova. Once a Wildcat, always a wildcat....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT