ADVERTISEMENT

Yang Ming Remembered

\|/ Toe

Wild-Kitten
May 2, 2006
shut down due to infestation

http://6abc.com/food/popular-radnor-chinese-restaurant-shut-down-over-roaches/945046/

image.jpg

I've never been a fan of high end fancy Chinese food. To me it needs to come from a ghetto corner store type place with plexiglass and a full selection of malt liquor with your meal

chinese-take-out-7.jpg

Reactions: kjbert
pretty much just went there for underage drinking I remember

Rode by there today. The only vehicles in the parking lot were the news vans from the 3 networks.

It's all about ramen noodles and sushi these days. The chinese food booom had a great run in the 1990's and 2000's, but as thai food as emerged as a lighter and healthier option than the deep fried/ msg laden chinese food and with the rest of the world finally waking up to the wonders of meals that go well with sake (for those of you from philly, sake is a rice wine that is served hot but the best stuff is always chilled).

Reactions: HereComeTheCats
pho reminds me of my non-vietanamese mother's soup. i like it so i eat it. and i dont care about the consequences of the intake of 8,000 mg of sodium when i eat it.

Would anyone every go back there? I really enjoyed their good - their Peking duck was amazing but I can't see myself ever going back once it reopens. Margaret Kuo's is better anyways.

Would anyone every go back there? I really enjoyed their good - their Peking duck was amazing but I can't see myself ever going back once it reopens. Margaret Kuo's is better anyways.

Chances are there are worse infestation problems at other places you frequent and you have no idea. If anything, when this place reopens, they'll be extra vigilant.

Chances are there are worse infestation problems at other places you frequent and you have no idea. If anything, when this place reopens, they'll be extra vigilant.
I have never seen a roach in my food at any restaurant I have visited.

Was thinking about this and don't think I could go back there again. Only way I could see doing so would be with other 'Nova people for old times sake, and even then, can't imagine people would all be on board. Can't see taking anyone there who doesn't know about this in good conscience.

My guess is the place will be closed for good within 2 years of its reopening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT