ADVERTISEMENT

Yo, bro...

Useless for what?

Making meat? Treating liver damage? Reading new tjc posts for another 50 years?

Supplementation. A proper diet with adequate protein will provide the body with the necessary BCAAs making supplementation useless.

Serious question: why are you so obsessed with cheating the aging process? Do you really care about spending an extra 10 years of your life drooling on yourself in a nursing home because your liver works better than everyone else's? Humans are pretty useless over the age of 70, I don't see why it matters whether you live to be 80 or 100. Retire in your late 50's or early 60's, enjoy 10 good years of retirement, then fade into that good night.

On the plus side, you don't have to choke down Natto and seaweed.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Since it's just you and me on this quiet Sunday am, I'll treat you to The San Bernardino Metaphysics.

The short of it is...I'm not sure if I care whether I get shot and killed by the terrorists (you can sub in plane crash, anything, doesn't have to be caused by the terrorists, but let's stay with current events). The natural objection is that I'll "miss" everything that I won't be around for, or that people might actually "miss" me, causing them some level of pain and suffering. Here's the br8kdown;

1. I go to a "better" place - win
2. I turn into dirt - win in the sense that I'm oblivious, so I'm not "miss"ing anything
3. Go to "worse" place - lose before I get a chance to "redeem" myself

That's a two thirds shot at a pretty big upside (at least two thirds, probably higher under current Pope). Of course it leaves behind the "loved" ones, but if I hit pay dirt, wouldn't I just be pulling for them to join me?

Obviously this is cherry-picking the "final" result. Nobody wants to get shot in the neck and have to drive a wheelchair with a straw. However, I wouldn't mind a shot with full recovery, say taking one to the thigh with no lasting repercussions. Could use some downtime, and that's a gr8 story.

Holes?
Do likes get you to heaven?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT