ADVERTISEMENT

April MLS talk

qwe015

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 2, 2009
The orlando city vs dc game was 48 hr delay, so just catching up.

What an amazing mls game. That was very enjoyable. DC is a good team, but I'm all about orlando. I watched a bunch of NYCFC games early, but wasn't catching the team flow. Kaka is that WOW player that henry was, and breck Shea manning the left side on defense and midfield is pretty good. No idea what happened to him in the premiere league, but I have liked what I have seen.

Tim Howard back to mls??? Buzzzzz.......

Chaz Sullivan really should have started This thread instead of posting in the March thresd. It's April dude, time for April MLS talk, not March MLS talk.

Hasn't the Tim Howard talk been coming up every couple months over the past year, but never seems to have any real substance behind it? Would love to see it, just doesn't seem like it will happen.

Columbus crew v vancouver whitecaps today. Wife working late, might check this one out

Rough start for the Union.
Looks like the Algerian keeper is on his way out

andddddd Philyy beats NYCFC. Of course.

Howard is not going anywhere.

Tottenham hot spurs to play mls all star game this year. Nice. Hopefully the mls stars can win again like when they just beat Munich last year.

Box+1, mls is the fastest growing professional sports league in the nation. It is a big reason why there is a growing movement at villanova to de-emphasize our joke football program and invest in soccer so we can put more players in mls. The current CoP Union coach is a villanova guy.

I have not found NYCFC to be all that entertaining. I have no feel for their chemistry or style of play.

Orlando on the other hand is awesome. Kaka is still the man and Breck Shea is playing well.

In other news, that Madrid game yesterday was awesome. Thrilling 0-0 tie for those who missed it. So much action though, we'll worth my time.

Originally posted by qwe022:
Jermaine Jones has moved from midfield to defense. Any thoughts?
His only chance to make the '18 WC roster

Anyone watch Aston Villa versus Liverpool yesterday or Barcelona versus Valencia on Saturday? Holy Cow! The level of play difference between Europe and MLS is staggering. Watching the Union against New England was like watching my sons pee wee soccer in comparison.

My Redbulls remain undefeated. Great atmosphere at the game. Only won 2-0, but should have had at least 2 more on missed wide open shots. Could easily been 5-0. Felt like the field was slanted as the Red bulls played in their attacking third for a lot of the game. Its early, but Marsch really has the team playing well together. For the quakes, there was a lot of miscommunication. Wondo was wide open in front of the net, and instead his teammate opted for a tough shot when he could have very easily passed it right over.

NYCFC midfield will need to play better. Once Villa, mix, Lampard are back shouldn't be as much of problem. Hopefully the team can gel well. I think Poku needs to see more action for NYCFC. Played well against both Philly and the Timbers. This team certainly has some good pieces, but will need some time to work out the kinks. Apparently after the game, the supporters were celebrating/cheering/banging the drum in the streets and setting off smoke bombs. Seems a little weird considering it was a 1-0 home loss. I'm all for being a fan of the team, but seems a little forced. Also how are you that happy after another loss. Goofy sport

Originally posted by TooTchuisi:
My Redbulls remain undefeated. Great atmosphere at the game. Only won 2-0, but should have had at least 2 more on missed wide open shots. Could easily been 5-0. Felt like the field was slanted as the Red bulls played in their attacking third for a lot of the game. Its early, but Marsch really has the team playing well together. For the quakes, there was a lot of miscommunication. Wondo was wide open in front of the net, and instead his teammate opted for a tough shot when he could have very easily passed it right over.

NYCFC midfield will need to play better. Once Villa, mix, Lampard are back shouldn't be as much of problem. Hopefully the team can gel well. I think Poku needs to see more action for NYCFC. Played well against both Philly and the Timbers. This team certainly has some good pieces, but will need some time to work out the kinks. Apparently after the game, the supporters were celebrating/cheering/banging the drum in the streets and setting off smoke bombs. Seems a little weird considering it was a 1-0 home loss. I'm all for being a fan of the team, but seems a little forced. Also how are you that happy after another loss. Goofy sport
This is a good post. Poku needs more playing time. I think once Lampard arrives,it would make sense to go back to a 4-4-2 Diamond. Let Mix play deep as the holding midfielder, Lampard and Shelton play wide and Poku plays as the CAM. There is talent there. But it's not the guys that Kreis keeps going back to right now.

I don't know where they look for a 3rd Designated Player. I'm not thrilled with what Kreis has done so far but he deserves time. It just seems that despite his pedigree, the way he wants to build the team is different than what CFG is dictating to him.

Originally posted by steve_vu9196:
Anyone watch Aston Villa versus Liverpool yesterday or Barcelona versus Valencia on Saturday? Holy Cow! The level of play difference between Europe and MLS is staggering. Watching the Union against New England was like watching my sons pee wee soccer in comparison.
Didn't catch either of those games. The individual club leagues are tougher to get into in my opinion. I tried watch the juventis game on beINhd this weekend, but it wasn't very competitive.

I have been paying close attention to the champions league knockout phase, which is very entertaining.

But for my summer soccer enjoyment, MLS is my go to. It does the trick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT