ADVERTISEMENT

Cecil the Lion remembered

suhnuts.gif

CWertz, i read that too!!!!

Gotta love that they cut his head off and let his corpse rot in the sun.

Thought it was interesting how Cecil's rival lion will now kill off all of Cecil's kids so his blood line will now become the norm.

This guy's a pussy. Call me when he hunts, kills and brings back to the U.S. a wild rhino like Teddy Roosevelt did!

teddy-roosevelt-rhino.jpg

As a general supporter of the Cape May County Zoo and a specific financial contributor to the care and feeding of one of the Zoo's 2 new lions, Lex, I am outraged. I'd like to take this guy, strap him to his dental chair, yank out every one of his teeth and then put him in Lex's pad at the Zoo and have him explain to Lex, face to face, why he thought killing that other lion was a good idea.

If the lion had been allowed to carry a sidearm, this never would have happened.

As a general supporter of the Cape May County Zoo and a specific financial contributor to the care and feeding of one of the Zoo's 2 new lions, Lex, I am outraged. I'd like to take this guy, strap him to his dental chair, yank out every one of his teeth and then put him in Lex's pad at the Zoo and have him explain to Lex, face to face, why he thought killing that other lion was a good idea.
Agreed, AF. I've never understood hunting animals. It's not a fair fight so it sure doesn't prove your some kind of stud. I could support hand-to-hand combat between men & beasts so the animal at least has a chance.

not a huge animal rights guy, but this story got me a little down yesterday.

gutless how they lured the lion off of the preserve area so they could kill it legally.

and for what? a trophy? i hope this guy loses a lot of business as a result of this publicity he's getting. doesnt exactly fit the crime, but i can make an exception for this guy

Is the scarcity of lions the sole reason that "we" get upset by a kill such as this?

I mean, I don't feel the slightest bit of sadness as cows go to the slaughter.

Discuss.

Is the scarcity of lions the sole reason that "we" get upset by a kill such as this?

Discuss.

great point. if lions were raised like chickens, pigs and cows - for the sole purpose of fattening them for slaughter and consumption then people wouldn't have their panties in a bunch.
lions are viewed as a more cherished/special species - if the lion had escaped from a zoo and threatened people and then been shot - there would be less outrage (of course a tranquilizer would have been the choice in that case).
same with animals like deer, groundhogs, rabbits - they are too abundant for their own good and a nuisance to gardens - so taking them out is something to be applauded.

Discuss.

for me its about the motivation. this cheek pays a bunch of money to kill a lion as a trophy. cows are slaughtered for sustenance.

i can get behind killing for the sake of the food chain, but just for fun/something to brag about? that's unfortunate, to me.

Discuss.
It's a good point you make but it does bother me when exotic semi endangered animals are hunted. If it were a wildebeest, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. Probably hypocritical on my part.

Trophy hunting seems kind of lame. It's like paying someone to set up a rim and trampoline such that Lebron will walk through and you can get a picture dunking over him.

That said, my heart doesn't bleed for endangered animals.

for me its about the motivation. this cheek pays a bunch of money to kill a lion as a trophy. cows are slaughtered for sustenance.

i can get behind killing for the sake of the food chain, but just for fun/something to brag about? that's unfortunate, to me.

It's not like you need red meat to survive. They are killed because people can make money harvesting them and selling them. To suggest slaughterhouses are a part of the food chain is silly. This guy is more of an a-hole because we spent $55k to have some locals set up a hunt for him. Its like the a-holes that pay $100k to climb mt Everest and act as though its some kind of accomplishment, when they have a band of sherpas doing it for the 50th time, leading the way and carrying all their shit.

Is there a bigger douche hobby than jetting around the globe and paying locals to set up fake hunts for you?
About the same level as jetting around the globe and paying locals to carry you up a mountain you fake "climb"

paying a guy thousands of dollars to lead you to a spot where they've baited in an animal so you can shoot it makes you a douche bag. like deep sea fishing. just because you paid a chunk of change to be handed a rod with a fish already on it doesn't make you a fisherman. it makes you a loser.

This wasn't "hunting". It was target practice with a live target.

Also, this is BIG reason why this guy is in deep doo doo.......

LionKingCast.jpg

like deep sea fishing. just because you paid a chunk of change to be handed a rod with a fish already on it doesn't make you a fisherman. it makes you a loser.

Disagree. No one is under the illusion that they're fishing skillfully on those trips. It's just harvesting. Like going to pick your own apples or strawberries. There's a certain satisfaction in gathering your own fresh foods from the source that is separate from the pride of the work of growing /acquiring them.

if you wanna horse in a blue fin or two and enjoy some fresh steaks for that labor, fine my me. but don't act like you're some angling superstar because you were lucky to be the next guy up when your guide hooked into a marlin and you hauled it in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT