ADVERTISEMENT

fun way to help Villanova students who make the trip ...

ericw

Publisher, VUSports.com
Jul 10, 2001
Lovetron
I am thinking of a way for VUSports folks to show appreciation for the kind of student spirit and motivation it takes for them to make it to Houston to root on the Cats (by helping offset the cost of their trip).

It is similar to what DC_VU_Chapter did in Louisville ...

What I am thinking is that we start a thread (maybe this one) and anyone from the VUSports board that is going to Houston can post their board "handle" and a $ amount that they pledge to hand (on the spot) (I was thinking $40 would be a good starting point "donation" since that is the price of a student ticket) to any current Villanova student who does the following:
a) locate the subscriber at any point during the weekend
b) take a "selfie" with the poster (and anyone else that wants in on the picture
c) tweet the photo out with the hashtags #LetsMarchNova and @VUSportsdotcom

Please let me know what people think.

Some examples:

"WaywardSon" pledges to give $50 each to the first 5 students who find me in Houston and tweets a VUSports selfie

"TheSportsBoss" pledges $40 each to the first two students who find me in Houston and tweets a VUSports selfie

"JiggieAgent" pledges $150 to the first student who finds me in Houston and tweets a VUSports selfie

A student who put in a lot of work could potentially pay for a lot of their trip. A modestly industrious one could easily make what they paid for their tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News