4 Lipari, Emily JR Villanova 2:06.77 1
5 Schappert, Stephanie SO Villanova 2:07.14 1
6 Akande, Nicky JR Villanova 2:08.34 1
7 Winston, Erica JR Ucf 2:10.55 1
8 Smith, Tonney SR Temple 2:11.49 1
9 Pauls, Caroline FR Ucf 2:13.24 2
10 Dixon, Valerie JR Florida Atlantic 2:14.42 2

for the men Ellison ran 1:49+ and Solis ran 1:50+

Dusty Solis might just allow Villanova to have a 4xMile and a 4x800 team this year at Penn.

The women are putting up excelleent 800 times, but Angel Piccirillo ... Really impressive. Thought she looked a little heavy in an earlier indoor meet, but now she is - with Lipari - one of VU's premier runners. Did not expect this much "speed" from her. Thought the best two young women coming out of high school, last year, were Chapus and Weissenbach from Harvard-Westlake (CA), both now at Stanford. She still cannot run with Weissenbach at 800, but Piccirillo can run mile and is now putting up outstanding times at 800. Keeps getting better. Maybe VU got the better runner. Impressive.

Where are Mildenhall and Mimic? Haven't seen them so far this outdoor season? Haven't seen McEntee either, but I figure that is part of training and preparation for Penn.

This post was edited on 4/14 10:55 AM by sebastianc

I think piccirilli is jst a solid girl. Never gonna be a stick figure like some others. Last thing we want is for these women to get obsessed about their weight, that is when the problems really start.

Tell that to Marty Stern, who evidently was a bit extreme on that front.

I agree with the general sentiment on Angel Piccirillo -- 2:05 and dropping. Big things ahead for her, I'd say.

Uncle Marty was a bit strange in EVERYTHING he did. Before, during, and after his time at Nova. My dad has known him going back to the early 70s. Interesting dude, to say the least!!!

Uncle Marty's Sneaker Barn - never forget that place.

I don't know about Bogdana Mimic, but Mathew Mildenhall is off the grid -- done competing for Villanova.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT