ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA's

novaclassof90

VUSports.com Legend
Jun 10, 2002
Good night in the 1500M. Williamsz, piccirillo, and lipari all qualify for Saturday finals.

While watching the women's 5000, I was struck by the fact that the first two finishers were from prime Nova recruiting areas.

Re: NCAA's[/URL]TheFoyeEffect posted on 6/15/2014...

When was the last time Villanova got a girl from Minnesota? Carrie Tollefson?

As far as I know, she is, but I'm confused. Is Nova recruiting someone from Minnesota?

cattyguy, I think you got the 5k and 10K confused. Girl from MN won the 10K, Emma Bates from Boise. Marielle Hall from Haddonfield, NJ won 5K with Cuffe in 2nd. Both midatlantic/NE runners.

This post was edited on 6/16 11:26 AM by novaclassof90

No, I was talking about the 5000 -- check my post up top I watched Hall run when she was at Haddonfield. Cuffe is a NY girl and friends with Lipari. Foye introduced Minnesota. I didn't know if he was replying to my post or introducing a new one. That's what confused me. I didn't watch the 10000 -- don't have the patience.

Having seen Erin Donohue and Hall run in high school, I'd say that the current Haddonfield frosh Brianna Gess could surpass both of them as a college athlete.

excattguy,
One of my brothers has lived in Haddonfield for
years. Is it true that Erin would run through the streets
while dribbling a basketball?

Whitecat,
I'm told she did, but I don't have any direct knowledge. I live one town over from Haddonfield, but I see a lot of track and know some area coaches and officials. From the meets I saw, it was clear early on that she would be a big-time recruit. Her father was a runner for Paul VI which was a high level program in those days. One of the guys I worked with knew the family and sometimes ran with her father. Erin was pretty well-known even in middle school.

I also saw Carl Lewis, Dennis Mitchell, and a bunch of others from this area before they were nationally known.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT