ADVERTISEMENT

PSA Cardinals vs. California Supreme

VUVoice

Bleeds Villanova Blue
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2001
Wow - had a chance to watch an EYBL game I taped a few weeks ago. PSA vs. California. This is a great year to be coming off an NC because the talent in our area is really strong. Guards like Lykes, Quade, Duval. Wings like Walker, Randolph. Forwards like Harvey, Samuels, Tucker, Wright, etc. Posts like Bamba, DCR... All in our area.

Some thoughts on PSA:

A. Brandon Randolph is no one's consolation prize. I didn't get to see his handle much as Cole and Quade had the ball in their hands most of the time, but what a shooter. Looked very athletic, coordinated as a 6'5 wing. Seemed like a very good athlete on a floor with some great one's but what a shooter - and we all know how important it is to have shooters. I would take him with Lykes and Walker as Walker I see as more of a hyper athletic slashing 2 - who can make shots also - but Randolph is your "3" who can flat out stick it - Big Smooth Style - except he is "Skinny Smooth". A triumvirate of Lykes, Walker and Randolph at the 1/2/3 would be unreal. Very impressed with what I saw from Randolph. We don't get a lot of guys like him. Athletic, long, can shoot - elite style.

B. Quade Greene - first time I saw him play a full game. Wow - terrific prospect clearly. I hear the Quinn Cook comparisons, but I like Greene much more than Cook. He did a very good job dealing with tough pressure from the Cali guards all game and handled it very well. He addressed pressure as all great guards do by attacking pressure. I understand his game is making shots, but he didn't get to do that much of that from the perimeter as they guarded him very closely. He was terrific off the dribble in scoring or dishing for layups/dunks. He had a drive to the right, behind the back flip to Bamba for a jam that was SportsCenter Top 10 in my opinion. Really like his evolved handle. Has just enough quickness as a high level PG. ...and the best part of his game is he can stick it. I like Lykes more because Lykes has off the chart footspeed and is bit more electric - but Quade has to be a Top 40 player in this class or any class. Stud.

C. Bamba - Duke could take him as a project, but he is not very skilled for a Duke post. He oozes potential. Great athleticism for a 6/11 guy - exceptional. Has a tremendous motor. Light years ahead of Daniel as a h.s. senior. I just don't see Duke. They usually get the guy with more complete game - Okafor, Brand - not the run/jump unfinished guy. Not sure Bamba "walks in" at Duke or Villanova. I would rather play Spellman at the 5 with athletes/shooters around him. Bamba is a great guy to have on your team, but I don't see him as a one and done - he certainly would get drafted VERY high though - even today he's prolly a Top 10 pick based on "upside". I won't be shedding tears if we don't get him. If we do, I bet he's here at least two years. Clearly a stud though and a Top 10 player in any class.

D. The McCoy kid on Cali is a flat out star/stud/closest thing I've seen to Kevin Durant in h.s. in a long time - WOW.

E. DeAndre Ayton - listed as #1 - no way is he better than McCoy. I like Bamba better. Certainly a star in the making though.

F. Something Thompson - don't know his first name, but he's Stevie Thompson from Cuse's son. Stud shooter - wow. Great prospect - dad is coaching at OSU though - Oregon St. Would be a great Nova guard...

G. Watched Spellman on TV - he looked really chunky compared to the thoroughbreds on the floor. You could see the fly paper hands and the strength in finishing - the touch at the foul line. Rebounded like a horse and that's what we need. Will finish with strength from day 1. The rebounding of Daniel is what we could miss the most and Omari looked ready to step in there. Also looked more like a "Two and Done" guy, not a "one and done" guy.

Fun stuff!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News