ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

The person who reported that is saying that his source is very good and someone he trusts. That there have been multiple conversations between those two teams and the Sixers. No particulars mentioned.

i'm sure boston prefers noel

new orleans hopefully prefers okafor. they're pretty dumb, and they already traded noel once

you could probably get dunn at #3, but not at #6. could be murray there, could be jaylen brown, who really cares, just get rid of okafor

Reactions: kjbert
i'm sure boston prefers noel

new orleans hopefully prefers okafor. they're pretty dumb, and they already traded noel once

you could probably get dunn at #3, but not at #6. could be murray there, could be jaylen brown, who really cares, just get rid of okafor

A lot of reports of BOS liking Brown. Not sure they go backcourt if they keep the pick. I could see PHO going Bender, maybe the kid Chriss.That would leave Dunn/Murray available at 6th spot.

I'm hoping the Ainge love for Okafor rumors at trade deadline are true. Plus, NO wanting to get involved. That could force BOS to give up #3. I think the Sixers would prefer the #6 over vets from BOS.

In this draft Okafor is the SURE 3rd pick. No doubt. So I want more than the THIRD PICK for him. I want Bradley as well.

Reactions: kjbert
In this draft Okafor is the SURE 3rd pick. No doubt. So I want more than the THIRD PICK for him. I want Bradley as well.

Initially, that's how I felt, but if the offer is #3 only, then I'm still doing it.

I'd love Bradley and crowder but Boston isn't giving you both guys for Okafor. I'd do it for the third pick but I'm not pumped about getting the third pick in a two man draft. I am pumped about dumping Okafor so if that's the offer, take it.

I'd love Bradley and crowder but Boston isn't giving you both guys for Okafor. I'd do it for the third pick but I'm not pumped about getting the third pick in a two man draft. I am pumped about dumping Okafor so if that's the offer, take it.

I don't agree that it's only a two player draft. Not sure what that means. So, outside of Simmons/Ingram no other player can be impactful for a team? chances are that 2 or 3 other players in the 3-10 range will turn out to be really good, too. You just have to find the right one.

Sure, same can be said each draft. So how much more value does the 3 pick have than the 6 pick? It's all about getting the right guy and these guys past two all have issues the first two dont. Hence, a two man draft with some depth further down.

Sure, same can be said each draft. So how much more value does the 3 pick have than the 6 pick? It's all about getting the right guy and these guys past two all have issues the first two dont. Hence, a two man draft with some depth further down.

I agree with you about the difference between the 3rd & 6th pick in this draft. So, hypothetically if NO offers a little more than just the 6th pick or asks for little less back then say BOS does with the three, then I'd much prefer the 6th pick.

Now it appears that PHO is shopping the 4th pick.

best bet for the Sixers is that no established vets are available or offered for these picks. I don't think many are or would be.

The Celtics have been trying to package #3 and another player/players for a legitimate/established starter (ie someone like Butler) and teams aren't interested. Sentiment around the league is that Boston doesn't have anyone on roster that other GMs really want.

Also, I think Ainge/BOS is drumming up all the Sixers love Dunn talks. Yea, I think they like him, but it's not as great as these guys are reporting.

For some reason I think Brown is going to end up being the best of the bunch, that doesn't mean I don't take Simmons 1 if I am the Sixers.

I compared Okafor and Love? News to me. All I suggested was that, depending on the relative price, I could see BOS taking a run at Okafor rather than giving up more for Love. Okafor is younger, no injury history. Love often injured and not clear to me how many more years he'll be interested in low post play.

I compared Okafor and Love? News to me. All I suggested was that, depending on the relative price, I could see BOS taking a run at Okafor rather than giving up more for Love. Okafor is younger, no injury history. Love often injured and not clear to me how many more years he'll be interested in low post play.

See, that's a comparison.

See, that's a comparison.

It's not a comparison of skill sets. No one did that. Intellectual honesty, get some. Let's have a discussion without adding elements that haven't been stated. It's much better that way. And if you infer something inaccurately and that poster explains themselves, then be ok I got you.

So comparing age, injury history and position is not a comparison? That's a direct comparison. You can't compare skill sets because that's not a good comparison if you favor Okafor. No one got anyone. That was an example of being selective in what was compared to make a point favoring ones position.

Hey, Shaquille O'Neal was a center. Charles Shackleford was a center. And the first part of their last names sound alike. Does that mean I just said they were the same player? Need to be careful.

Hey, Shaquille O'Neal was a center. Charles Shackleford was a center. And the first part of their last names sound alike. Does that mean I just said they were the same player? Need to be careful.
Only if you are starting a preference for one based on their position, age or injury history.

So comparing age, injury history and position is not a comparison? That's a direct comparison. You can't compare skill sets because that's not a good comparison if you favor Okafor. No one got anyone. That was an example of being selective in what was compared to make a point favoring ones position.

Typically when people are "comparing" players they are comparing skill sets and ability level.

I'm pretty sure everyone with a brain understands that Okafor and Love aren't similar.

Saying Okafor can improve in certain facets of the game like Love improved isn't really comparing them. I'm just simply saying there is room for improvement with young players. Love was young once and improved.

Typically, but that's not what happened here. These were the factors used and it's a comparison. These factors were used because skill wise Love is significantly better. Thus, skills are not a favorable metric used to make the comparison.

And guys absolutely can improve.They can also become complacent and lazy once they get a little money. In this case, I expect Okafor to gain weight and be what he is: a guy that gets you 18 and gives up 25.I say this because he's a knucklehead.The fact the team who knows him best is already shopping him after one year would lend credibility to this view.

Typically, but that's not what happened here. These were the factors used and it's a comparison. These factors were used because skill wise Love is significantly better. Thus, skills are not a favorable metric used to make the comparison.

And guys absolutely can improve.They can also become complacent and lazy once they get a little money. In this case, I expect Okafor to gain weight and be what he is: a guy that gets you 18 and gives up 25.I say this because he's a knucklehead.The fact the team who knows him best is already shopping him after one year would lend credibility to this view.

Of course he's significantly better. He also significantly more experienced, older, and paid much more handsomely. We don't need you to tell us this. We know already. But when talking trades there are many factors in play.

You have no clue how his career takes shape moving forward. You hate him. Fine. But nothing you said is gospel in terms of how he turns out. Also, the better reason they are trying to trade him is because they believe he'll fetch the best return (IMO) and there is a serious logjam in the front court. Also, I believe they much rather keep a defensive-minded Noel (I hope & agree with if true), while sacrificing the offense that they plan to get in other places.

Simmons worked out for the Sixers in the CoP today. I guess this sort of ends the debate.

From BC: Entertaining discussions about trading 24 & 26 to move up.

with bledsoe's injury problems, and with booker's emergence, is it possible that phoenix would actively seek to move his contract? sixers could certainly absorb it

bledsoe has had multiple serious knee injuries, but imo he's an oil sheikh's kris dunn. at 4 you could take brown if he's there or, if you have the balls, bender

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT