ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

I see it. From Gdoggie. Make sure you run with one comment from one poster and pin it on an entire fan base. It's the BW way.

Oh yea, let's not put the Zinger in the HOF just yet. With that said, I don't think Saric has his ceiling (Based on limited highlights) and I don't tho I they're similar players. KP will block shots and rebound better. DS had a chance to handle and pass well. He has some flash to his game based off of limited highlights.

Who's putting Porzingis in the HoF? Make sure you run with one comment and make it hyperbolic. It's the BW way..

I simply said Porzingis was a better prospect than any current Sixer. Nothing more. And he is. I also asked what Bryan Colangelo has ever won. Had to answer that one myself. No one here seemed willing.

Who's putting Porzingis in the HoF? Make sure you run with one comment and make it hyperbolic. It's the BW way..

I simply said Porzingis was a better prospect than any current Sixer. Nothing more. And he is. I also asked what Bryan Colangelo has ever won. Had to answer that one myself. No one here seemed willing.

Who here was blowing BC like you were Phil?
And Gdog answered it.

Also, in two weeks Simmons passes Zinger :)

Never blew Phil either - simple said it was worth a shot/ wasn't my money/ can't get much worse etc.

Sounds familiar , right?

No one wants to play in philly. This is the downside to being viewed as a league wide embarrassment.

Yawn.

Get good thru the draft and that changes. But yea, sound insight suggesting no 1st tier stars want to join forces with a 10-72 team.

The interesting thing is that if James/Durant wanted to join forces next year they could do it in the CoP. Win 60 games and the building would be rocking every night. They'd be EC favorites.

I just have a feeling that maybe Saric and his people could be trying to get the Sixers to give them some assurances that they will take care of him and somehow make up the potential $$$$$$ loss if he comes over this year-------"secretly" of course!!! And if that actually was proposed to Colangelo and Brown while they were visiting him this week, I wonder what they would think and how they might react to being held up like that??
Maybe thats why things are still not crystal clear right now with Saric and why no definitive decision has yet been announced! Just a thought!

Last edited:
I just have a feeling that maybe Saric and his people could be trying to get the Sixers to give them some assurances that they will take care of him and somehow make up the potential $$$$$$ loss if he comes over this year-------"secretly" of course!!! And if that actually was proposed to Colangelo and Brown while they were visiting him this week, I wonder what they would think and how they might react to being held up like that??
Maybe thats why things are still not crystal clear right now with Saric and why no definitive decision has yet been announced! Just a thought!

I think Saric's people just want some assurance that Colangelo's people don't believe in the armenian holocaust. Just the kind of thing you can only discuss in person. Things will be apparent soon

Yawn.

Get good thru the draft and that changes. But yea, sound insight suggesting no 1st tier stars want to join forces with a 10-72 team.
1st tier stars, 2nd year sunk cost draft picks, 20 year old Euro's or just about anyone. You spend 3 years embarrassing the league and there is fall out in how you are perceived. It makes a place no one was beating down the door to play even worse. You can "yawn" all you want but the Sixers have a long way to go before the stink of these past three years will have worn off within the hoops world.

Reactions: The_Expansion_Crew
1st tier stars, 2nd year sunk cost draft picks, 20 year old Euro's or just about anyone. You spend 3 years embarrassing the league and there is fall out in how you are perceived. It makes a place no one was beating down the door to play even worse. You can "yawn" all you want but the Sixers have a long way to go before the stink of these past three years will have worn off within the hoops world.

Dude, you're overstating the stink of the tank. Deep down players don't care about that, they might care about other things, but that isn't one of them.

Dude, your blind homerism makes you incapable of having an unbiased thought. And I'm a sixer fan making this statement. Everyone has money, sixers have the stench and no players as of today. Going to be a when before anyone wit options finds philly attractive. It was never a franchise guys wanted to play for before the embarrassmental of the past 3 years. Yawn all you want. Maybe Saric comes over as planned. However, you think threat of a trade is leverage? People don't want to play here now.

Dude, your blind homerism makes you incapable of having an unbiased thought. And I'm a sixer fan making this statement. Everyone has money, sixers have the stench and no players as of today. Going to be a when before anyone wit options finds philly attractive. It was never a franchise guys wanted to play for before the embarrassmental of the past 3 years. Yawn all you want. Maybe Saric comes over as planned. However, you think threat of a trade is leverage? People don't want to play here now.

I didn't argue that. I said players don't care that the franchise tanked and moving along having tanked at one time isn't going to be the reason that top notch FAs wouldn't come. Players don't care that the league was embarrassed. They care about two things. Being paid and being able to win, especially older playerswith the latter. Younger guys care more about maximizing the almighty dollar. Where I agree with you is the Sixers not being in a position to win today. However, if that changes over the next couple of years, then potential FAs aren't going to say, ohh they tanked before, I can't go there. Stop with that silliness.

Where did I mention anything about a threat of a trade as leverage?

You act like you're this NBA insider when you watch five games a year. You think you know what every player is thinking. Dude, you don't.

And it's not homerism at all. Nowhere am I predicting some sort of 50-win turnaround beginning next year.

It's quite simple. If the ability to win and get paid with the Sixers becomes evident, then players will absolutely look closely at that. Whether they tanked at one time won't matter.

He's the head professor of dopes & losers.

Ahh, so says Captain Conspiracy. I'll be looking forward to your report on how the Obama Administration sent this lunatic into a gay nightclub just so they can drum up more gun control legislation.

Little loser boy needs to pass a few tests to talk about foreign policy, etc..

Stick to the fantasy talk about ur 76'ers

Little loser boy needs to pass a few tests to talk about foreign policy, etc..

Stick to the fantasy talk about ur 76'ers

So, you can call me a dope and a loser, but I can't call you a dickhead? Is that the rule around here?

Ohh, the irony is you telling anyone to stick to "fantasy" talk.

The rumors over the next week are going to be insane. Getting my popcorn ready.

Saw a Jon Rothstein tweet that the Sixers love Kris Dunn if they can get back towards the top of the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT