ADVERTISEMENT

Why do college kids suck so bad today?

PrivacyBush

Diaper Dandy
Oct 27, 2015
Constant protests. Bunch of spoiled entitled politically correct cretins running amok crying about every perceived slight.

When did this start?

I was waiting for this to start.

Not sure caving to a football team's threats was the best thing to do here. It will be interesting to see how this plays out down the road when other issues arise.

The guy who went on a hunger strike has a father who made like 7 million last year. At least, I think I saw that someplace. I found that to be interesting. Also, read an article saying that no pics of the swastika made of shit have surfaced. Not sure if that is accurate or not.

President should have stayed and revoked all their scholarships if they refused to play. But because we are a nation of pussies, we just cave to demands of the lunatic fringe minority. Sickening.

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"? Bunch of overly sensitive snot nosed pansies getting their knickers in a twist over everything.

Literally every word spoken is 'offensive' to someone, somewhere and they are able and allowed to silence and ruin the reputations and lives of the 'offender' through social media shaming and the liberal msm picking it up and creating a mountain out of a mole hill. Beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: VURambler
Protest culture. Kids think college is a place to be coddled and protected. Check out this video of protests at Yale.

Tensions at Yale University hit a boiling point yesterday after an email about Halloween costumes created a week-long controversy on campus.

Students called for the resignation of Associate Master of Silliman College Erika Christakis after she responded to an email from the school’s Intercultural Affairs Council asking students to be thoughtful about the cultural implications of their Halloween costumes. According to The Washington Post, students are also calling for the resignation of her husband, Master of Silliman College, Nicholas Christakis, who defended her statement.

FIRE President and CEO Greg Lukianoff recorded video of students confronting Nicholas Christakis yesterday in the courtyard of the Silliman College dormitory complex at Yale. Lukianoff was on Yale’s campus to speak at a conference on issues related to free speech in higher education.

Protest culture. Kids think college is a place to be coddled and protected. Check out this video of protests at Yale.

Tensions at Yale University hit a boiling point yesterday after an email about Halloween costumes created a week-long controversy on campus.

Students called for the resignation of Associate Master of Silliman College Erika Christakis after she responded to an email from the school’s Intercultural Affairs Council asking students to be thoughtful about the cultural implications of their Halloween costumes. According to The Washington Post, students are also calling for the resignation of her husband, Master of Silliman College, Nicholas Christakis, who defended her statement.

FIRE President and CEO Greg Lukianoff recorded video of students confronting Nicholas Christakis yesterday in the courtyard of the Silliman College dormitory complex at Yale. Lukianoff was on Yale’s campus to speak at a conference on issues related to free speech in higher education.

If you can't understand the concept of the right to free speech, how can you get into Yale in the first place? The perfect comment he made was "what if everyone is offended - then nobody can talk?"

Another difference is that, in the past, university protests were for actual human rights. Not the right not to be offended.

Reactions: ericw
the kids just "protest" so that they can say they were a part of it. I'd wager 50% of them or more don't even know why or what they are actually doing

Wait. The Yale stuff was over Halloween costumes? Or did I miss something? What the eff is wrong with people?

Wait. The Yale stuff was over Halloween costumes? Or did I miss something? What the eff is wrong with people?
The Yale thing wasn't even over what people wore. It is about an email someone sent saying maybe people shouldn't be so uptight about what other people might wear for Halloween. It's so effing silly that it truly makes me sad for the future.

P.S. I didn't watch the videos, but I read where some kid yelled "Retweet!" Sigh.

Yale's own John Kerry has America on the side of Al-Queda & ISIS in Syria, which would lead to genocide of Christians, Druze, & Alwawites & Yale students are upset about an email asking students to be not overly sensitive about costumes on Halloween?

WOWOWOWOWOW

Last edited:
Reactions: SnottieDrippen
It's so effing silly that it truly makes me sad for the future.

2148914143030457386745c1fc0ce85f25631b1d0e809cc165d2135708984874.jpg

Reactions: GaryMassey
The Yale thing wasn't even over what people wore. It is about an email someone sent saying maybe people shouldn't be so uptight about what other people might wear for Halloween. It's so effing silly that it truly makes me sad for the future.

P.S. I didn't watch the videos, but I read where some kid yelled "Retweet!" Sigh.

"Retweet" is the new "Amen". See the NovaTras22 clip. Also liked the finger snapping at 0:50. Clapping is racist.

“Welders make more money than philosophers. We need more welders and less philosophers.”
- Marco Rubio

"Retweet" is the new "Amen". See the NovaTras22 clip. Also liked the finger snapping at 0:50. Clapping is racist.
I just watched it. Snapping? You serious, Clark?

I stand by my earlier comment, and PB's pic.

The US is beginning to resemble the early parts of a futuristic communist society that is controlled by government/Big Brother/libtard mentality who decides what is 'fair and best' for everyone. Anarchy is spreading with increased disrespect toward public authority, newspeak is becoming more evident, top income earners are being threatened to have their wealth taken by the government at higher tax rates so it can be redistributed 'fairly'.

Individuals are losing freedom of speech at an alarming pace. The professor is correct in that if everyone is offended by something then nobody can speak anymore. These punks just think it is always about them and they can never offend anyone themselves. That girl was like a little baby crying to mommy and daddy who ultimately let her always have her tantrums and get her way. Other people's feelings or thoughts do not matter.

Wtf is going on?

“Welders make more money than philosophers. We need more welders and less philosophers.”
- Marco Rubio

a quick google search indicates that the average welder makes $37K annually while the average philosophy/religion prof makes $71K

I just watched it. Snapping? You serious, Clark?

I stand by my earlier comment, and PB's pic.

that girl went to Yale for a coddling environment not an intellectual experience?

her idea of intellectual discourse and free and open conversation involves dropping F bombs, insulting authority, and acting like a petulant child?

i hope that video gets attached to every job application she ever submits - i would NOT want to work with someone that "entitled", closed-minded, disrespectful, immature. No sane person would hire her.

I lose all respect for Yale if they don't punish that girl for her heinous actions.

Reactions: KrazyKat
What's changed isn't the protests and gripes, they have always been pretty ridiculous on college campuses, but the level of credence they get and fear they generate in the authority figures. Mostly driven by the serious consequences that being deemed "insensitive" (or worse!) can have in today's culture.

10 years ago or more if the students were lucky they'd get a b.s. statement from the Admin and the instruction to pound sand, everyone would go back to their day.

What do you do?
I'm retired.
What did you do?
Welder.
Acetylene? Mig? Tig?
Any of it. If it can be welded I can weld it.
Cast iron?
Yeah.
I don't mean braze.
I didn't say braze.
Pot metal?
What did I say?

top income earners are being threatened to have their wealth taken by the government at higher tax rates so it can be redistributed 'fairly'.
?

1.What is an appropriate tax rate that's not too high?
2. Doesn't the US tax rate line up on the low end of first world countries?
3. What current spending would you cut? Please be realistic.

Please address these otherwise it just sounds like rich guy whining.

The US is beginning to resemble the early parts of a futuristic communist society that is controlled by government/Big Brother/libtard mentality who decides what is 'fair and best' for everyone. Anarchy is spreading with increased disrespect toward public authority, newspeak is becoming more evident, top income earners are being threatened to have their wealth taken by the government at higher tax rates so it can be redistributed 'fairly'.

Individuals are losing freedom of speech at an alarming pace. The professor is correct in that if everyone is offended by something then nobody can speak anymore. These punks just think it is always about them and they can never offend anyone themselves. That girl was like a little baby crying to mommy and daddy who ultimately let her always have her tantrums and get her way. Other people's feelings or thoughts do not matter.

Wtf is going on?
Hyperbole much?

1.What is an appropriate tax rate that's not too high?
2. Doesn't the US tax rate line up on the low end of first world countries?
3. What current spending would you cut? Please be realistic.

Please address these otherwise it just sounds like rich guy whining.

I actually think #3 was addressed well by Cruz last night when he said he would eliminate the Department of Commerce twice. That should double the savings over doing it once.

welders have to make more than that, don't they? 37K is like $18/hr. I'm not sure you could find a welder in Bama or Miss at that price, let alone in the northeast, gulf, or west coast.

These kids who are currently trending very liberal will become more conservative with age. Sure, when they reach their ripened state of relative moderatism they'll have more soft spots for minorities and stuff than current 50 year olds do, but can't you see that about current 50 year olds in comparison to current 80 year olds?

These kids suck but it's not the end of the world. They grew up in the United States where there are very few real problems, but the adolescent brain makes it so that you feel the need to carve out a rebellious identity. That's why 18-25 year olds have always been the best to send to war - they want to passionately fight for something and prove their worth. These pricks are not valiant, but they think they are. They'll grow up.

Because their parents gave them timeouts instead of discipline.
they had play dates instead of actually organizing and overseeing activities and games
they've gotten a trophy for participation since 4 year old soccer
and you can't fail kids in school because god forbid johnny feels bad for not being able to read.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT