10/10 William & Mary
10/17 @ Albany
10/24 @ Towson*
10/31 Maine
11/7 @ Rhode Island
11/14 Richmond
11/21 @ James Madison
This post was edited on 2/9 2:24 PM by centraljerseycat

Thanks for posting. Last year really was a lot of fun. Can't believe it is still more than half a year before it starts up again. Looking forward to it though. Really looking forward to the Fordham game.

The Uconn website states the game is indeed on Thursday, time TBA....I don't like it.

I live in CT and cannot wait for this game! UConn FBS football is WAY over-rated and Nova will definitely make this a game! Trust me...UConn is NOT looking forward to playing us...they have lots to lose!

Last season Cats played Cuse on a Friday night. This season UConn on a Thursday. I don't like it either. Cats are going to win.

When do we learn the starting times for the home games. I believe afternoon games draw better. I'll probably be visiting family in DC area at some point next fall so night games don't work out considering return drive. PPL day game would be great.

VILLANOVA does not disclose any information until late summer.

Why should they do anything to encourage an excited fan base

which cannot wait until 09/03/2015 arrives.

Most information must be gleaned from the opponents websites.

At VILLANOVA everything is double secret.

Kudos to CJC.

Nicastro and the athletic department have no clue how to market football. It's been discussed on this message board ad nauseum. Nothing changes. Robertson should have been honored at during Saturday's game. The parking fees for the tailgate lot are outrageous. Parents Weekend will be scheduled for Sept 19th-(Delaware) instead of Sept 26th (Penn) which makes no sense thus preventing back to back sellouts and of course we will be the last FCS school to officially announce our schedule.

It's always amazes me Talley's stayed for 30 years dealing with this crap.

this is the first time I can recall that the regular season doesn't end with the Delaware game; what gives ?

They moved the game due to a visit from the Pope I think, I don't remember the whole story but I think that's it.

I'm super excited for the UConn, Albany and Fordham games. I live in NY so I don't have a lot of traveling to do. Yes!!!!

I usually drive to all games that are within 4 hours of me, so I'll be at most of them except for the Va schools and Maine. Hopefully they will be on tv.

softness1 You will see some great football. Our Cats should be very good.
BTW Cats play Maine at home. Come on down.

UncleEd,

That I do know. I went to several games last year. I am just seeing that Maine is at Nova... It's within my 4 hr drive rule, so I will make that one as well
happy.r191677.gif

Those evening games in November were brutally cold, but exciting!!!.. It's what football is.

I understand thatthe Delaware game is Parents Weekend. The weekend is always a good crowd no matter who they play. The Delaware game typically has a good crowd as well at Villanova on its own merit, so why not make the Penn game Parents Weekend, and then you would have two good crowds back to back. Someone in the athletic dept. isn't thinking. Am I missing something??

prospect: You are missing something, and it's the same thing I believe the rest of us are. It doesn't make any sense. Maybe someone in the Athletic Department can explain the reason for this hard to understand scheduling. They might also explain why they didn't honor Robertson at the Georgetown game.

My understanding is VU did not want Parents Weekend and the Pope's visit on the same weekend.
Philly got the Dem's convention in 2016. The Pope in 15, a big national convention in 16. Philly is hot.

I'm getting confused, easily done, I might add. We play Delaware on 9/19, Penn on 9/26, and W&M on 10/10. Why couldn't we play Delaware, then make Penn, Parents Weekend, and W&M Homecoming. 3 sellouts or near sellouts. Let the Pope have his weekend, (9 /19?) and let us celebrate his visit with our 8th victory over Delaware in the last 9 years, or will it be the 7th in the last 8, I'm losing track.

Agreed Paschall. Penn will bring next to no fans so it makes perfect sense to make that weekend Parents Weekend...which is the reason the school won't do it.

Speaking of Penn I hope this is the last year in the series. It's getting boring.

My understanding is that the VU adm did not want Parents Weekend the same time as the Pope's visit. The Pope will be in Philly on Sept 26. Thus not good for Parents Weekend.
Cats have a game with Penn that date. However it will not be as demanding as Parents Weekend will be.

a great road schedule for a NY/CT border fan.......UConn (I love the Thursday night game), Albany, Fordham and lobster URI tailgate all doable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT