9/24 @LAFAYETTE
10/1 @ELON
10/8 RHODE ISLAND
10/15 @RICHMOND
10/22 ALBANY (Homecoming)
10/29 BYE
11/5 @MAINE
11/12 JMU
11/19 @DELAWARE (Annual Blue Hen Beatdown)

Reactions: Bobby Dix
Courtesy of Gangtackle

9/3 @PITTSBURGH
9/10 LEHIGH
9/17 TOWSON (Parents Weekend)
9/24 @LAFAYETTE
10/1 @ELON
10/8 RHODE ISLAND
10/15 @RICHMOND
10/29 BYE
11/5 @MAINE
11/12 JMU
I guess Coach T was wrong when he said on his radio show that Cats would play Bucknell next season. Oh well coach only has to beat the Pat Conference teams, not know their names. Then again maybe they all look alike. Cats should beat both these Pat Conference guys next season.

Courtesy of Gangtackle

9/3 @PITTSBURGH
9/10 LEHIGH
9/17 TOWSON (Parents Weekend)
9/24 @LAFAYETTE
10/1 @ELON
10/8 RHODE ISLAND
10/15 @RICHMOND
10/29 BYE
11/5 @MAINE
11/12 JMU
Except for Pitt., early part of the schedule is loaded with lots of opportunities for W's. Beginning with Richmond gets a bit more dicey. We've beaten Delaware so often the old Law of Averages canard may become a factor next year.

Except for Pitt., early part of the schedule is loaded with lots of opportunities for W's. Beginning with Richmond gets a bit more dicey. We've beaten Delaware so often the old Law of Averages canard may become a factor next year.
Dare I post this? In the first six games, Cats should be favorites in five. Going to Richmond at 5-1 ?
Coach T mentioned often in pre and early season that our first three games were really tough, and how we did would tell him a lot about his team. Well Cats were 2-1 but lost our super QB when he was tackled 5 yds out of bounds by Delaware. So a short week. Playing a Penn team that our guys did not respect. Coaches and seniors did not get the team ready to play. Downhill from there.
Looking forward to next season. I guess this looking forward to next season makes me look like a lifetime Cubs fan. ( I am not) Just a lifetime Villanova football fan.

2016 should be another season filled with excitement. We know that means little, but 'Cats will be preseason top 4 in CAA behind the 3 Virginia schools. They should be top 20 if not top 15 nationally

We lose the marquee names of Robertson & Cherry, but have a pretty strong nucleus coming back.

Bednarczyk gained valuable game experience & showed flashes of being a top CAA performer. The backs may not be spectacular, but as a group solid led by Gudzak & hopefully Javon White returning from injury. Aaron Forbes will only get better in his sophomore season.

The receiving corps has McClenton in the slot and he could be a force as early as this year. Phillips, Padovani, Collins, are competing for WR along with promising frosh Kerxton & Hall. Don't forget RS frosh Brandon Chadbourn returns from his leg injury. Need to replace Kevin Gulyas' clutch production here.

TE is up in the air with Bell & Morris having the inside track. 6'6" RS frosh Simon Bingelis may push both for time.

The line will see the maturation of Sophs to be Ethan Greenidge & Louie Csaszar along with the return of 6'8" 310lbs. Brad Seaton. Nico DeAngelo & Bubba Green return as starting 5th year seniors.

I think the offense has the chance to be really improved with maturation of some of the younger players.

I think kicker Gerard Smith settled in as his frosh season went on & expect him to only get better.

Defensively, NFL prospect Tanoh Kpassanon could be the most dominant CAA defensive player. He will anchor a DE spot. RS frosh Jafonta Johnson could see reps with Temple transfer Brian Osei at the other DE. Incoming frosh DE Jeff Wiley could be a surprise here also. There is a few options at NT with Bryan White, Eric Drains, Rickey Young, & incoming frosh Aaron Seigle.

LBs will surely miss All-American Don Cherry, but expect the trio of Majors, Shockley, & Calitro to be among the best units in the CAA. Look for RS senior TJ White (Bryan's bro) & sophomore Jeff Steeb to push for time. Add in promising RS freshmen Drew Wiley (Jeff's bro) & Anthony Malaguti and it's easy to get excited about this group again.

The secondary has Malik Reeves & Jason Ceneus back as starters. Trey Johnson is capable super sub and could push to start. Frosh Korey Stevens from Gilman School out of Baltimore could surprise early along with RS frosh Dage Davis.

The 3 safety spots appear to be in good stead, but losing senior Cam McCurry is huge. Wes Smith, Rashaan Stewart, Rob Rolle, & Jones all saw time last season & lanky RS frosh Julian Williams will push for time.

The punting game is in good hands with senior John Hinchen returning.

The 'Cats may not be as highly ranked as last season's team was in preseason, but if all falls right they are looking at 8-9 wins & a FCS playoff spot.

We'll check in after spring practices to update the above narrative. Happy Holidays to all you Wildcat fans!!

2016 is filled with promise.

Last edited:
I hope your right Gang, The one thing that was good about this year was Bednarcyzk got some valuable experience going into next season. I would love to see Nova upset Pitt but that is some major wishful thinking on my part, I would like to see a return to the playoffs but I think the future is definitely bright.

Gang, is Osei eligible next year?
Excellent summary. My main concern is receiver size and speed! Who will fill that role? That 1 possession guy with some height and speed.
Agree with anticipated return to playoffs, especially with solid Dee and QB experience.
Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Tom

Gang, is Osei eligible next year?
Excellent summary. My main concern is receiver size and speed! Who will fill that role? That 1 possession guy with some height and speed.
Agree with anticipated return to playoffs, especially with solid Dee and QB experience.
Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Tom

He is listed as a RS Junior. Should be back although he was injured in Towson game.

I hear ya on receivers. I think frosh Kerxton fills that need if he can break through. Probably don't have a game breaker, but hopefully just a bunch of solid options to throw at. Nova offense doesn't lend itself to 7 step drops and long throws. A lot of reliance on yards after the catch mostly. Get it out quick & hope for a missed tackle for big yardage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT