ADVERTISEMENT

5 years ago today

NovaHoops2002

VUSports.com All-American
Sep 28, 2009
What takes you away from watching Game 1 of your team in the Stanley Cup Finals? This does:

OKnasxQl.jpg

http://m.mlb.com/video/v8495427/must-c-clutch-doc-halladays-perfect-game/?query=roy+halladay

wow. an anniversary thread for a May perfect game.

standards are slipping in CoP land huh?

amazing how quickly Halladay went from the best in baseball to out of the game. its why you never give pitchers long term deals.

Whats 2? Losing in the world series to the Yankees or Losing to the Patriots in the super bowl?
Absolutely. And Sixers losing to LA in 2001 NBA Finals.

gr8 seasons, just couldn't win the big one.

And what about about \\//, 2009 F4 participant?

RJ is buying every foreclosed public golf course in PA and NJ and trying to turn them into something. does that count as a championship? there is nothing worse than a public golf course. nothing. (less pebble beach)

anyone catch a glimpse of the third cheerleader in that pic, black hair just off the left of the speaker(his left)

yikes. she must know somebody

RJ is buying every foreclosed public golf course in PA and NJ and trying to turn them into something. does that count as a championship? there is nothing worse than a public golf course. nothing. (less pebble beach)
Seriously. You're trying too hard.

I really don't think anyone, in the organization or in the fanbase, even bothered to turn the oven on this year at any point. Maybe some did last year.

The high point of the season for me was the Ryan Howard explosion in support of a Cole Hamels gem in DC last weekend, a bittersweet turn back the clock type of day, but fun. I don't think that one day can be topped this year. And probably not next year either assuming Hamels is moved.

Maybe we'll have use for the oven again in a couple years.

you guys actually like public golf courses? i guess philly area just has awful courses. i personally belong to a private course and its always in great shape and the people are great. i have never had a good experience on a public course.

glen mills in PA is a nice course but its nothing special.

is bethpage even a nice course? other than its incredibly hard to get onto and hard to play whats special about it? the USGA picked it for the Open cause of its difficulty. i prefer winged foot and shinnecock to bethpage

Try something other than Cobbs Creek. That's your problem.

Does PECO still have a course? Used to be called Philadelphia Electric or something like that.

It is true that the course down by the stadiums in Philly is in better shape than Cobbs Creek (or at least was as of late 2000s). I remember playing there before a Phils game once, some nice swamps and a stunning view of the big I-95 bridge by the Navy yard on one hole. There's a driving range with grass tees (or at least, dirt where you can stick a tee in or hit off of). Also, there are probably more golfers there with calf tats than anywhere in the country, so it has that going for it as well.

Many nice public courses in the suburbs, at least for someone who is resigned to the fact that he won't be playing high-level golf for a long time, at least until I arrive at a stage of life with more flexible work arrangements.

The novabball2 comment on public courses is everything that someone who holds 'Nova stereotypes could want though.

cobbs is the worst. McCall is the old Peco course and JFK is the golf course down by the stadium.

i only play PA's finest private courses.

you will find Delco's finest 15 handicappers at Paxon Hollow. maybe the worst course in PA. they have a par 3 that is 50 yds.

yes FDR, sorry. if you are looking for a softball game, a few light beers and some Chip Kelly talk FDR park is your first class destination.

i love it, imagine if the eagles ever win the Super Bowl. what type of tatoo would everyone with an IQ of 50 or below get? an Eagle with Chip Kellys face on it? the lombardi trophy with Chip Kelly holding it up? man so many options. a Bdawk remembered tatoo. Bdawk holding up the trophy? brings tears to my eyes.

Riley Cooper, shirtless, riding the Lombardi Trophy like a horse.

Shirtless Chip Kelly, riding an Eagle with Lombardi trophy in its talons? And Chip Kelly's tattoo image has its own "4 for 4" tattoo on its chest? Would need full back for this - and I doubt anyone down there has a full back untouched at this point. Kind of a pipe dream I guess.

il_340x270.651673537_es62.jpg

i love it, imagine if the eagles ever win the Super Bowl. what type of tatoo would everyone with an IQ of 50 or below get? an Eagle with Chip Kellys face on it? the lombardi trophy with Chip Kelly holding it up? man so many options. a Bdawk remembered tatoo. Bdawk holding up the trophy? brings tears to my eyes.

If only we had been so lucky in Philadelphia to have the great Eli Manning lead us to a few titles....

man the day Chip wins the SB the city might elect him honorary mayor. he'd remove all the blacks with attitude from the city.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT