ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts from Indy...

NOVA1330

All VUSports.com Team
Gold Member
Feb 21, 2005
Been running around Indy the past few days - what a great event. My first ever final four was up in Detroit...and that city really brought down the final four experience/environment. Indy is a fantastic sports town. Despite me hating the ncaa $$ grabbers for playing these games in football venues, Lucas Oil Stadium really doesn't have a bad seat in the house and the sitelines are bearable even in the corners. Obviously it would have been great to cheer on Nova this weekend but not having any real interest in the outcome (except some bets along the way) really lets u enjoy the games.

Game 1: as many of us saw, the first game was just a mismatch. State didn't really come to play and they let duke have their way with them all game. Heard that duke only managed to hit 2 jumpers in that game? The rest were All layups and FTs...wow. It would certainly have been nice to be playing in that game vs duke- I think we could have beaten them (3 out of 10 times). I think our guards would have been a wash and it would come down to how well we contained Winslow and okafor.i know a lot of u knocked their Defense this season but it was very good on Saturday night.

Game 2: Wow- what a game! These were clearly the best 2 teams in the country batting it out. Nba size rosters on both benches and a heavyweight battle on the court. Wisconsin played an unbelievable game and Bo dos a great job exploiting mismatches. Essentially anytime kaminsky, Hayes, or dekkar got the ball 15 ft from the hoop with a mismatch, they backed there guy down 1 on 1. Old school...love it! Duke may win the game tonight, but Wisconsin and Kentucky were clearly the 2 best teams. Plus Bo seems like a great guy and his players are likeable...go Badgers!

Gottleib: i managed to have a 10 minute chat with Gottleib before he went on his radio show Sunday. I know we all have our reasons for disliking him (I know I did) but he came across as friendly, personable, and knowledgable about the game. He thinks Wisconsin wins as long as they don't start flat after Saturday. I asked him what he thought about Ennis' transfer and whether we take a hit next year because of it. He said no, you're just clearing room for Brunson. I highlighted we'd then be relying on 3 6 foot 2 guards to play 30 minutes a game. "So what" and then he spoke very highly of arch, ochefu, Brunson, hart. Thinks we don't lose anything in hve graduating but "the kid sitting out" could be important for us this year.

Coaching staff: We were fortunate enough to sit next to Brooks Sales, Kyle Neptune, and Ashley Howard at dinner last night. Great ambassadors for our school...glad we have these guys working for our team every day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News