ADVERTISEMENT

About a Shout-out to All VUSportsers that were in Louisville

ace

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Wayne, PA
Before we dive deep into the Final Four Euphoria I wanted to give a shout-out to all those who made the trip to Louisville.
Louisville ranks right up there with Boston, Nashville, Syracuse, Minneapolis, for sheer entertainment and unbridled passion, so I wanted to mention this before it all fades way into memory.
We have about 100,000 living graduates, which is not a lot, of those that are about 300/500 who regularly travel with the team and read the board.
We are small but we are passionate.
It was awesome to share the Louisville emotions with all of you.
I will try to name as many board members as I possibly can; if I forget somebody please forgive my memory and just post your own shout out here. In fact all of you that were in Louisville, please feel free to post in reply to this thread.

First shout-out to NovaWorm, my adopted nova son, who manages to get me to have fun time after time. I went Zip-lining in a frigging cave because of him. It was a lot of fun. He rode out to Louisville with my daughter and me and on the return ride, little piggy slept all the way home. He also gets credit for introducing us to Steak & Shake, awesome stuff.
Nova2000, great guy who took care of NovaWorm with tickets to the games. This is one intense dude who absolutely loves the Cats with unbounded passion.
Voice and OldT are two of the nicest people who walk the face of earth. Just great guys who love nova.
The BigO and family: I met them so many times and I don’t ever recall Paul and his gang not smiling.
PME and family: simply the best!
The Higgins family, not only great Nova basketball fans but also great benefactors of Villanova soccer.
Trip, nobody knows more about Nova basketball than him.
A_Quarterofaman, probably the funniest cat ever.
SeanDon and fiancée, the best videographer in the world.
Charles and JaneSays, a True Blood Nova Couple!
Tanman and the Rousky father and son combo: these are inseparable and are at all things Nova at all times.
Sandy and Son, nicest people ever.
VURebound and Sister Andrea: he and his sweater were fundamental in helping us beat Maimi and Kansas. (Rebound must pack that sweater)
UMSCNova, who to me will always be a special hero!
RB Nova, guy hasn’t missed a nova event in years.
Ryan and Sarah and one year and half old baby who made the long journey.
PaulMarmora, who I finally met, a true Villanovan!
My buddy DavidStHubbins, I had the pleasure to actually speak Italian with him; not many others on the board can do that. (Rebound asked him who stole his computer).
The Bench and the Partisan, great fans and even greater people.
My man DJRun, awesome dude!
Wildkitten and husband: incredible fans and nicest people.
CatGirl, who I used to see all the time everywhere, nice bumping into het at the team hotel.
Lowry45, what can I say?
ReelBigFish, who was able to buy me a beer after the bartender said that the bar was closed.
DanMacguire, wonderful guy.
TomDudes, can't believe I did not mention you!
Matt D, the former great Villanova Basketball club president.
NovaClydesdale, a great guy who played football at Nova and loves soccer. How can you not love him?
Special shout-out to Mark Ferrante, the future football coach who loves basketball and all things Nova.
So many others who read the board, some openly some secretly.
So many familiar faces.
It was great being there and share the Villanova Emotions with all of you.

Jay Wright has built a program with a great coaching staff, superb players, and passionate fans. We are all part of the program, each and every one of us. We have different roles but we are all part of this thing.

Another shout out to all those of you who wanted to attend but were unable to go to Louisville, especially
NovaNut, EdMcMerty, UncleBill, Ericw, Zman, AK, ADP, PeterN, KJbert, my classmate MD78, TPG, DCVU_Chapter, BEEFER, Strick, Shananigan, VUSCratch, mojo, wof, DirtyD, mrbb, SteveT (who needs to get his act together and come back), RP_Gambit, UncleEd, Nova98, Milo, tab, Barrister, Whitecat, CWertz, CTNova, Brill, Wildbrew, Leaper, Bones92, Kittlesfan, Kittles93, AJEich14, Nova97, Kmill, PatSox, GaryMassey, JTVU, LTVU,the FIGS Brothers, KB Nova, CatinBrielle, Tyroneshoelaces, LauireAnn, Laurie's dad, cathill, ChrisBellotti, Chimpat, OneSockUp, Shammer, djisland, Mosby, gfcte01,geezer, RobMatera, SteveVU, Novacat91, Dr.Pipp, Pigpen, Emcee92, SirMic, ETown, enlightened, Tooch, VNovaCat, and why not, even MainlinerII and MVP15.
And another special shout out to TwoDecks and PeterD, without whom this community would not exist!

To all those who I did not mention, please forgive me and reply to this so I won’t forget you next time.
If you come to Houston and you see me there, please stop me and say hello!

Final words: I am convinced that we do not get to Houston unless we went thru Pittsburgh.
NCSt did not kill us, it made us stronger.

Go Cats! We got this!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News