ADVERTISEMENT

Alan Rickman remembered

saw today that the reason why hans had such a surprised face when he was dropped from the top of nakatoma (sp?) towers was that rickman had agreed to be dropped 25 feet to an air bag type thing below him on the count of 3. director had him released on the count of 1, hence the generally surprised reaction on his face.

I'm watching DH-1 as we speak in memorial. The Germans really made this movie. Hans and Karl. Stellar.

The actor Paul Gleason (also dead) will prob be best remembered as the principal in Breakfast Club, but he had some funny lines in Diehard 1.

"Looks like we're gonna need some more FBI guys."

"Prob some stock broker who got depressed."

"Jesus Christ, Powell! He could be a f--cking bartender for all we know."

"I don't like this, Sarge."

die-hard-paul-gleason.jpg

The actor Paul Gleason (also dead) will prob be best remembered as the principal in Breakfast Club, but he had some funny lines in Diehard 1.

"Looks like we're gonna need some more FBI guys."

"Prob some stock broker who got depressed."

"Jesus Christ, Powell! He could be a f--cking bartender for all we know."

"I don't like this, Sarge."

die-hard-paul-gleason.jpg

"Maybe I should call the mayor about this"

Not sure how someone could be over 20 years old and not seen Die Hard

Well if you're 21, Die Hard came out around five years before you were born. That must be a serious "oldie" to people in their 20s today.

Born in '71, the number of movies I've actually seen from the 1960s is decent, but there must be dozens worth watching that I haven't yet.

Have to credit Gleason with the endearing phrase "You're a lying sack of shit"

Well if you're 21, Die Hard came out around five years before you were born. That must be a serious "oldie" to people in their 20s today.

Born in '71, the number of movies I've actually seen from the 1960s is decent, but there must be dozens worth watching that I haven't yet.
Shit, you were born in 71, I thought you were early 80s.

Well, when you're my age and don't have kids, you can easily throw on a T-shirt, blend in, and do whatever the f*ck you want in this town.

Another great Hans line:

"And Mr. Takagi will not be joining us for the rest of his life."

I always thought Die Hard 2 was overrated. Nowhere near as good as the original. Fine film, but just nowhere near as good, but people try to say it is. Part of that is the villain(s) weren't as good -- the guy who had a small role from Shawshank vs. Hans? No contest. Rest of the supporting cast decent, but not as good as first DH either (like the German guy with long blond hair).

I'll take "Con Air" over Die Hard 2 in terms of films copying the Die Hard mold with a plane/airport theme. Malkovich was almost Hans-esque in what he brought to the role.

Die Hard 3 was quite entertaining and a pleasant surprise -- a good argument can be made that it's better than 2.

Agree with those saying can't understand how anyone over 20 hasn't seen it... maybe anyone over 25 or 30?

Equating not seeing Die Hard to not seeing the Matrix is silly.

Another great Hans line:

"And Mr. Takagi will not be joining us for the rest of his life."

I always thought Die Hard 2 was overrated. Nowhere near as good as the original. Fine film, but just nowhere near as good, but people try to say it is. Part of that is the villain(s) weren't as good -- the guy who had a small role from Shawshank vs. Hans? No contest. Rest of the supporting cast decent, but not as good as first DH either (like the German guy with long blond hair).

I'll take "Con Air" over Die Hard 2 in terms of films copying the Die Hard mold with a plane/airport theme. Malkovich was almost Hans-esque in what he brought to the role.

Die Hard 3 was quite entertaining and a pleasant surprise -- a good argument can be made that it's better than 2.

Agree with those saying can't understand how anyone over 20 hasn't seen it... maybe anyone over 25 or 30?

Equating not seeing Die Hard to not seeing the Matrix is silly.

Supporting cast of DH2 overall was better than original. Dennis Franz, Fred Thompson, colm meaney, Meat from Porky's, the dad from Good Times, and the T1000 from Terminator 2. Possibly the best and most diverse supporting cast ever.

Reactions: Mr. Wade Garrett
Supporting cast of DH2 overall was better than original. Dennis Franz, Fred Thompson, colm meaney, Meat from Porky's, the dad from Good Times, and the T1000 from Terminator 2. Possibly the best and most diverse supporting cast ever.
When John McLane shoots the blanks in the Police Station is total BS, one of the cops would have taken him out. Other than that scene, all the rest of the Die Hard scenes are very realistic.

When John McLane shoots the blanks in the Police Station is total BS, one of the cops would have taken him out. Other than that scene, all the rest of the Die Hard scenes are very realistic.

Agree completely about that scene. That no cop shot at him when he did that in the station was hilarious.

Did you see Live Free or Die Hard when the fighter jet was shooting at him in the truck? Not so realistic.

Did you see Live Free or Die Hard when the fighter jet was shooting at him in the truck? Not so realistic.
Yes, I was being sarcastic, all the movies are completely unrealistic but very entertaining.

"We think he might be a cop."

"Weeeelllll....we're checking on that."

"One of yours?

"Noooo, no way."

Arak, how many times have you seen?:

• Rocky (1 through Creed)
  • Silver Linings Playbook
  • Invincible
  • Sixth Sense
  • Unbreakable
  • Any M Night Shamalan movie set in greater Phila area
Bump. Also add:

Philadelphia
Trading Places (even though they have to go to the CoDB at the end to execute their plan to corner the frozen concentrated orange juice market)
Best in Show
Baby Mama

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT