ADVERTISEMENT

Another Warning

tjc3844

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Sep 10, 2003
At Saturday mass, our pastor once again warned us of a possible attack. He went so far as to say he would not leave the altar even if he were shot. This is now the third time he's brought up a possible attack. I go to a church which has a very large Congregation. I'd say there are at least 700 - 800 people at the Saturday night mass. So, terrorists could kill an awful lot of people if they attacked. It's pretty eerie to think about it and it sure is strange that this was the third time we've been warned in the last 6 months.

A guy with no insider knowledge and zero Intel warned against a terrorist threat for a third time?

Ok, thanks.

Reactions: kjbert
curb-your-enthusiasm-s3e5_625x352.jpg

can you check with him on the hillart indictment since he must be in regular contact with Tommy D. to be getting such great inside info.

If they are trumo supporters, most will have their own assault weapons and be able to kill that effing bastard right away.

that's a weird thing to talk about during mass... especially multiple times.
I agree especially since this is the third time. To correct some of the dumb responses in this post, the first time he mentioned this he said the archdiocese had received a non-specific warning. While I don't know for sure, I'm going to guess the bishop passed that on to all the parishes and continues to keep the parishes informed.

I agree especially since this is the third time. To correct some of the dumb responses in this post, the first time he mentioned this he said the archdiocese had received a non-specific warning. While I don't know for sure, I'm going to guess the bishop passed that on to all the parishes and continues to keep the parishes informed.
OK, so the first one makes sense, did they ever follow up on what the "non-specific warning" was?

So, I've been going to mass Saturday evening for 50 years and love it. I count the days from the last mass of the week until the start of the next week. But I'm so glad this congregation may be coming to an end shortly. I've seen a lot of bad messages from the bishop over the years, but this communication of a non-specific threat was one was the worst. Yes, even worse than when he condemned my relationship with Robert. From the 5 minute mark of the mass until the gospel, I thought OH YEAH, the church is back. 49 first half blessings and all the holiness was back, so I was sure the faith we all had was right. The second half of mass was the most uninspired mass I've seen a clergyman perform in my whole 50 years. I wish that we were attacked already and we didn't have to endure another warning before it happens. This bishop had the chance to be the holiest in diocese history but imploded because I think he just didn't give a damn about jihadism. I won't miss him.

Honest question, would Jesus ever kill someone in self defense. Can't see him being pro-guns.

Honest question, would Jesus ever kill someone in self defense. Can't see him being pro-guns.
The whole gun debate is misrepresented because the country is so polarized. It's being presented as if being in favor of guns makes you in favor of automatic weapons of the kind used by Mateen in Orlando. That is simply not the case. I'm very sure most Americans are against those kinds of weapons. I know I am but I also favor preserving our 2nd amendment rights for self defense and recreational things. Politicians, as usual, are lined up based on special interests so, also as usual, they won't enact real solutions.

The whole gun debate is misrepresented because the country is so polarized. It's being presented as if being in favor of guns makes you in favor of automatic weapons of the kind used by Mateen in Orlando. That is simply not the case. I'm very sure most Americans are against those kinds of weapons. I know I am but I also favor preserving our 2nd amendment rights for self defense and recreational things. Politicians, as usual, are lined up based on special interests so, also as usual, they won't enact real solutions.

No, I don't think being pro-gun means you are represented as pro-assault rifle. The 2nd amendment was written at a time when it took a minute to reload a single-fire gun, should we keep all laws that have literally 0 connection to current reality? Unless you are a devout religious nut, laws evolve with circumstance. The NRA doesn't care about the constitution, they care about profit. They have manipulated the sh*t out of it, since when are individuals part of a well-regulated militia? Conveniently, no one discusses that part of the 2nd amendment.

Reactions: dirtyd and Burrs5
No one acknowledges the 'well regulated' part, never mind the militia part. Bunch of assholes. Christ Reagan was all over assault weapons and in favor of the Brady Bill. Common sense shit.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Just wanted to focus on this lie for a second. There were not 800 people at your Saturday night mass. Absurd.

If its a bigger parish I can see that. Saturday evening mass is big with the older churchgoers. Our most attended by wide margin. A parish with a 1500-2000 families could do that.

Just wanted to focus on this lie for a second. There were not 800 people at your Saturday night mass. Absurd.
Wrong! Do you have a hidden camera at my church. What a fking absurd statement to make when you have no clue what you're talking about! A totally stupid post. That's the kind of thing NC94 would post, Rstrick!

If its a bigger parish I can see that. Saturday evening mass is big with the older churchgoers. Our most attended by wide margin. A parish with a 1500-2000 families could do that.
Anarchy, I was shocked the first time I went there. The building itself is enormous. I've never gone to a church this big in my life. At the 4:00PM mass 80% of the seats are full in the summer and 90% in the winter. There are 2 masses on Saturday and three on Sunday. My neighbor goes to 9:30 on Sunday and she says the church is packed then, too.

TJC, sorry to tell you, but no one wants to ambush your church. There's about a million more attractive targets. Your pastor is a nut.

TJC, sorry to tell you, but no one wants to ambush your church. There's about a million more attractive targets. Your pastor is a nut.
Jake, I have no idea if there is a danger to my church and can only go by what the pastor has said. If you remember my post the first time it happened, he was clear that the archdiocese had received a warning regarding a possible attack on one of its churches. Because of the number of people who attend mass there, it would be an attractive target for a terrorist(s). I'm not exaggerating about the number of people in attendance at the masses. So lots of people could be killed before police could arrive with very little resistance from an elderly congregation. It's an easier target with the potential for far more deaths than Pulse. The pastor is a very calm intelligent man so I'm sure he's not a nut case.

Jake, I have no idea if there is a danger to my church and can only go by what the pastor has said. If you remember my post the first time it happened, he was clear that the archdiocese had received a warning regarding a possible attack on one of its churches. Because of the number of people who attend mass there, it would be an attractive target for a terrorist(s). I'm not exaggerating about the number of people in attendance at the masses. So lots of people could be killed before police could arrive with very little resistance from an elderly congregation. It's an easier target with the potential for far more deaths than Pulse.
They could go to a high school football game and knock out four times that easily without leaving their car. You're crazy if you think a church in the middle of nowhere is going to get knocked by terrorists. The guy is making stuff up.

I really don't understand what TJC is worried about. Everyone packs heat to church in the south to protect against these psychos. If one barges in he'll be shot by the 700 parishioners who have concealed permits. I've been told by the NRA that churches in the south are actually the safest place to be.

Reactions: tomjackleman
What is really nice of the pastor is how he waits until you are all sitting in church to warn you of these threats. Definitely makes sense if there is a credible threat to tell you at the point when there is nothing you could do about it. Seems like a real smart hombre

What is really nice of the pastor is how he waits until you are all sitting in church to warn you of these threats. Definitely makes sense if there is a credible threat to tell you at the point when there is nothing you could do about it. Seems like a real smart hombre
They could go to a high school football game and knock out four times that easily without leaving their car. You're crazy if you think a church in the middle of nowhere is going to get knocked by terrorists. The guy is making stuff up.
Why didn't I think of that? A football stadium out in the open where you can run in multiple directions full of younger people in far better shape physically vs. a contained environment with only 4 exits full of much older people many of whom have physical problems affecting their agility/mobility. Yeah, that makes sense!

Why didn't I think of that? A football stadium out in the open where you can run in multiple directions full of younger people in far better shape physically vs. a contained environment with only 4 exits full of much older people many of whom have physical problems affecting their agility/mobility. Yeah, that makes sense!

Have you ever been to a high school stadium, it's not like they are lined up on the sidelines and can run onto the field. You've got thousands of people who are effectively lined up like a shooting range. Plus, that was just an example. There's plenty of worthy targets out there.

In all honesty, you're safer in your church than you are probably anywhere else in your area. Be happy about that, and enjoy the time you have. Not sure why your pastor is trying to scare his parishioners, but it doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: Mr. Wade Garrett
In all honesty, you're safer in your church than you are probably anywhere else in your area. Be happy about that, and enjoy the time you have. Not sure why your pastor is trying to scare his parishioners, but it doesn't make any sense.

Now that deserves an "amen."

Reactions: tjc3844
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT