ADVERTISEMENT

Anton Yelchin remembered

About2BeBanned

Diaper Dandy
Jun 1, 2016
star-trek-beyond-your-fully-confirmed-cast-beamed-directly-to-your-screen-427476.jpg

What the hell? The kid that was murdered at the end of Alpha Dog?

The irony. Sounds like he got out of his car in his (steep) driveway to retrieve something from the mailbox and the car rolled down the hill and smashed him into the mailbox. Guess he thought it was in park and it was in nuetral.

Last edited:
Alpha Dog was a good movie but he was definitely the weak link acting wise. Unless his character was intentionally supposed to be on the spectrum because he played him like half a retard.

Alpha Dog was a good movie but he was definitely the weak link acting wise. Unless his character was intentionally supposed to be on the spectrum because he played him like half a retard.
As a huge Anton Yeltsin fan, I am devastated! Thank you for posting this so I can go light some vigil lights in his memory.

Reactions: NovaHoops2002
If only he kept his car in a garage this wouldn't have happened.

Believe it or not, the same thing happened to my wife a few months ago. Thought it was in Park, but it was in Reverse. She got pinned between the car and the house inside the garage. She screamed for help and luckily the next door neighbor was in the driveway and came running over to climb into the car and put it in Drive to free her.

Last edited:
This whole thing is just weird. He must've had a very large vehicle and that thing must've been way up on the hill. How the hell did he not hear the car coming? Probably drunk. Crazy story.

Believe it or not, the same thing happened to my wife a few months ago. Thought it was in Park, but it was in Reverse. She got pinned between the car and the house inside the garage. She screamed for help and luckily the next door neighbor was in the driveway and came running over to climb into the car and put it in Drive to free her.
Where were you during this whole thing? Springsteen concert? Or inside watching the Wire?

This whole thing is just weird. He must've had a very large vehicle and that thing must've been way up on the hill. How the hell did he not hear the car coming? Probably drunk. Crazy story.
2015 Jeep that was recalled for this very issue. People thought it was in park, when it was really in neutral or reverse. A car in neutral without the engine on probably won't make too much noise.

You have truly lived an amazing life.

Blunt force asphyxia killed him. Hopefully he was knocked unconscious and didn't suffer. Sad.

This is no joke. I have this car and its a terrible problem. You think you've put in Park but it's not. I noticed it right away when I got the car in 2013 and as I said, my wife was a victim of the same accident that felled this young man. Only difference is that my neighbor heard my wife screaming and rescued her. This kid was alone when it happened to him.

As soon as I heard about this story over the weekend, I wondered if it was a 2014-15 Cherokee. Turns out it was.

This is no joke. I have this car and its a terrible problem. You think you've put in Park but it's not. I noticed it right away when I got the car in 2013 and as I said, my wife was a victim of the same accident that felled this young man. Only difference is that my neighbor heard my wife screaming and rescued her. This kid was alone when it happened to him.

As soon as I heard about this story over the weekend, I wondered if it was a 2014-15 Cherokee. Turns out it was.

Yeah, we read it the first time you posted.

Reactions: NickleDimer

Maybe more Jeep Cherokee owners will come forward too?

"I'm gonna take him to that warehouse in Patterson and....."

"....Drive nails through his balls. I know. I heard ya the first time."

maxresdefault.jpg

(Just demonstrating that I can stay in character)

Reactions: kjbert
I don't see this as a problem. It's an electronic gear shift, which you have to get used to. The car displays what gear it is in in two places. I got the recall notice, which basically said if the car isn't in park, it can move. No shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT