ADVERTISEMENT

Approaching the BE season, this is what I have seen so far....

timobrennan

VUSports.com Legend
Jun 29, 2001

1. DO is only going to be so good...and that is pretty good. I expected for him to be at 13-15 PPG at this point in the season and he is not. Still shooting an excellent % but he just is not that aggressive at demanding the ball.

2. Jenkins is struggling with his game...as is Booth. Their 3FG% is way below where any of us expected. I have no doubt that both will play better in the BE.

3. Bridges has been a very pleasant surprise. In the preseason I noticed a hitch in his shot from 3FG, which has resulted in him shooting about 28% from 3FG, he has done so many other things on the court that are positive. His long arms are very disrupting on defense. He also has shown a very good ability to take the ball to the hoop, primarily on the baseline. He is going to be a big player for this team in the future. With Pascall, Painter and Spellman, the front line is in good shape for the future.

4. Archie has played well and we still haven't seen his three pointer get red hot like it has in each of the previous BE seasons.

5. Brunson has been pretty damn good also. He will have the ups and downs of a frosh, but he shows so much of that Scottie Reynolds craftiness, he is a pleasure to watch.

6. Hart has been exactly what we all thought after last season. Just a damn good player on both ends of the court.

7. Reynolds has done what has been asked. He has been limited with the ankle injury, but he seemed full strength against Penn. He is the backup center that DO has needed.

8. The D is not great, but solid. Give it time. Made three pointers have killed this team in each of their losses.

9. The O has been up and down. They still haven't strung together two solid halves against a decent opponent. Against the good teams, there have been long lapses of points, that allow the opponent to run away. Missed three pointers have killed this team in each of their losses.

Going forward, this team will face much stiffer competition in the improved BE this year.

The team is good, with the likelihood that they will continue to get better with Bridges becoming more experienced and PB and KJ improving their shooting percentages. There are not a whole lot of unanswered questions with this teams individual players. The questions are can they gel defensively and avoid dry spells on D?

Reactions: joelynch and ericw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News