ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance = 3,110

No, because my son took SEPTA from downtown Philly yesterday with several friends (non-Villanovans) who had a ball at the tailgate and were treated to a great football game in a great atmosphere in horrific conditions. There actually were about 5k at the game and I think anyone who was there would agree with me.The score was flashed all over ESPN with the other college FB scores all night. I had a friend from California call me about the win. The name Villanova was out in front of the public all day. You can't put a price tag on that. There are 5-10 schools in FCS that make money in FCS football, bu why are there so many other schools at both the FBS and FCS schools that continue to field football teams and lose money?? Because there is an intrinsic value to fielding football teams.

We know you don't care for the football program. We get that. It's your right not to have the opinion that Villanova shouldn't have a program, but respect those of who who disagree with you. Simply stay the hell off the football board because nobody wants you here. Try devoting some time to your family and some charities. Do some volunteer work. There is probably no one on the entire Rivals network who posts as much as you.

So, let the people who love Villanova football enjoy this board unencumbered by you and others who obviously dislike Villanova and the program. And I suggest to others who may be reading this post that they just hit the ignore button. This is the last time I will ever respond to this alum (if he is in fact an alum). Now, please go out and do something worthwhile today with your life.

Originally posted by qwe005:
So you want to rip me instead of discussing the turnout to the game?
We all know how the game turned out........so, ripping you seems about right............

South stands had 2,000 from Liberty; North stands had 6,000 from Nova. Enough said.

Originally posted by GECat74:
South stands had 2,000 from Liberty; North stands had 6,000 from Nova. Enough said.
Not according to the box score. Did 5,000 of those alleged fans in attendance sneak into the game? Did they not have tickets?

Or are you lying!!!

i don't ignore this qweet because we need to hear from happy idiot losers at times

Schools always underreport attendance for playoff games because they are required to give a cut of the gate to the NCAA. This is a well-reported phenomenon. A quick glance at the broadcast showed the reported attendance just in the away stands.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I hope our school is not under reporting attendance. That would be unethical.

If hosting these games is so detrimental to our athletic operating budget that we have to misrepresent our numbers instead of paying our fair share, that in itself is pretty telling. It's like cheating on one's taxes because they blew their money on a vacation they couldn't afford.

But hey, let's just keep this hush hush for now.

ball- get lost. Find a hobby. Life is actually pretty good when you find some positive in it

Brill, please keep this discussion on topic.

3,110 fans in attendance. 2,000 of them bused up from Liberterians. What are your thoughts?

Do you agree with some that Villanova is LYING about attendance to cheat the student athletes of the ncaa of their fair share of revenue? Or is it true that villanova football has no fans?

Is it part of the football tuff guy culture to throw out insults whenever confronted with a legitimate topic for discussion?

Another reason why football should be de-emphasized at villanova. Wasn't long ago you were all calling me a pu$$y for wanting a common sense approach to villanova athletics. Typical football tuff guys.

qwe...what is your problem? Your negativity directed at VU Football is growing tired. It's obvious that you are NOT a VU Football Fan even though you claim to support VU sports. This is a football thread for fans. Go start an anti-VU sports blog and have a good time

I am a villanova athletics fan. I root for the best interests of villanova athletics.

do you think dropping $7 mill a year on a program that drew 3,110 fans to its home playoff game is a good move while the administration cried poverty when neglecting other sports?

(now cue the fb tuff guys who will insult me instead of addressing the issue. A true sign of the neanderthal mentality of football culture at villanova)

Anyway, let's just try to stick to the issue. Shouldn't there be more than 3,110 fans at a home playoff game, especially since the Libertarians brought 2,000 of their own little jerry falwells?

ball,

your act is old. It is immature and attention seeking. YOu are no different than Dick Vitale. Old act, looking for attention. Annoy everyone. I don't care about your dumb questions. I really don't . I will root this group on hard as they have busted their tails off to put themselves in a national quarterfinal. You are not a fan. Not at all.

Nobody wants your posts about negative things on here. What is sad is you will be the one checking the score Saturday every 5 mins to see who is winning so you can hope Nova loses. If you are no fan, don't check the score all of Saturday and go do something with your family then. What is pathetic is you will be more in tune with it than anyone Nova alum b/c you are sick. I would bet any amount of money you will know the score most of the 1-4 time slot on Sat. That is sad.

There you go again, attacking me.

No, I will not look at the score at all. The only way I will find out the score is from this newsgroup. I won't tune in even one second to seek the score on its own, just as always with this football program.

Brill, how many people attend the game saturday? Do we crack 4,000?

Want to settle this once and for all?

Meet me behind the Villanova Diner. High noon.

Sure. Let's settle this at whatever time the football game is this weekend, as we all know you will not be attending the football game!! Zing!

Yeah I'm sure you won't check the score at all? You are obsessed with the notion that alumni actually support all teams and programs and are big fans. Go Cats!!!! I can't wait to be at this

Originally posted by qwe005:
Sure. Let's settle this at whatever time the football game is this weekend, as we all know you will not be attending the football game!! Zing!
Interesting observation. I actually considered the possibility of taking in the football game after witnessing the dismantling of the Hawks, but I couldn't bring myself to endure the miserable weather conditions. I'm a bit soft when it comes to braving the elements.

Otherwise, I probably would have ventured over there. And I did frequently check the ESPN streaming broadcast. The final drive was a thing of beauty. Smashmouth football at its finest.

qwe...the problem with VU Football and the poor attendance is that the Administration has gone out of its way to mute fan participation from both the student body and local community. I attended VU '79-83 and was there when it was cancelled. I recall the joy of the local Radnor crowd in comments to the Philadelphia Inquirer in the days/weeks that followed. To them, it was a sore sight to see crowds of people crossing Lancaster and the tailgates in the lots. The Administration bowed to them and still does. There is little, if any, outside advertising to draw fans. Scheduling night games in November? Come on! It's obvious!

Anyway, once Andy retires, which I think he will do with Nova....you may just get your wish!

Were these photos taken while all the fans were using the rest room? Looks like the 3,110 number is correct.

Originally posted by JMerc2:
Courtesy to Randiculous for the pictures of this hilarious joke. Check out all the fans turning out for this pride-inducing football team! I'm honestly surprised there weren't stampedes at the gates on the way in.

ec

ec

ec

ec

qwe, why don't you make like Pee Wee Herman & beat it. Let those reveling in a great football season, have fun carousing on the message board. Every single thing you post has a negative spin on it. ERIC, please ban this poster, he is a cancer to the FB Board.

Geenie can't help it. She's an incompetent. She needs to bring this up to a Villanova football player or former player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT