ADVERTISEMENT

Baby CEO

I don't understand what this has to do with that? Are you suggesting the US is a better place when that flag was flying on state grounds in SC?

Seems to be a lot of outrage over the paint scheme of a car, but yet casual acceptance of this kid's behavior which is far more detrimental to society.

It's the white man's fault b/c out educational systems have failed the inner city and we haven't created enough jobs for these young whipper snappers.

Pulling the Dukes was a business decision. It's pointless to carry the show if advertisers won't go near you.

88bd9eca039c20870dfeaf06b8a85048_83be4e678ef2c35ac6e0c36e1b48b998.jpg

Came here expecting this.

Reactions: NovaTras22
right once slavery ended jim crow was great for the black community as was separate but equal.. they really had it all. I don't see how any of those institutions or the subsequent systemic discrimination present in policies like redlining or the unequal application of the GI bill could have any impact on that community today. Its 2015 for christ sake. Look at Ben Carson and Obama for that matter. We have a black as a president. Therefore they all can be president. Also point to Indian or Koreans as immigrant populations that succeed and then discuss how hard your Italian or Irish ancestors had it in this country to complete the argument.

edit to add: then suggest any acknowledgement of such past is excuse making. Ask when does it end? and when will there be personal responsibility or some such argument. Suggest a fix like "it begins at home" and something about black fathers.

Last edited:
right once slavery ended jim crow was great for the black community as was separate but equal.. they really had it all. I don't see how any of those institutions or the subsequent systemic discrimination present in policies like redlining or the unequal application of the GI bill could have any impact on that community today. Its 2015 for christ sake. Look at Ben Carson and Obama for that matter. We have a black as a president. Therefore they all can be president. Also point to Indian or Koreans as immigrant populations that succeed and then discuss how hard your Italian or Irish ancestors had it in this country to complete the argument.

edit to add: then suggest any acknowledgement of such past is excuse making. Ask when does it end? and when will there be personal responsibility or some such argument. Suggest a fix like "it begins at home" and something about black fathers.
Wow.

Come on Doctor_Van, just admit that The Dukes of Hazzard is the 1980's version of The Birth of a Nation. In order for this nation to solve these problems more bans must happen. The next step forward for our country must be to ban the entire Lynyrd Skynyrd catalog. Only then can we as a nation move forward.

Lol at "redlining doesn't affect communities today". Our cites are literally segregated by race.

If there's any issue which this music video brings up, it's probably gun control and a culture which worships violence. This kid is rapping about guns, but any 9 year old playing Call of Duty is just as fascinated by an AK-47 as this kid is.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Ehhhhh it works both ways. The black people in Harlem wouldn't want me living up there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ines-racially-divide-americas-cities/?hpid=z1

If you want proof of racial barriers in America's cities, just look at the maps here

Is that supposed to be an original thought from that author?

Dead Kennedys lyrics (circa 1986):

"Bankrupt L.A.'s streetcar line
So people pay more to drive
Plant strategic freeways
To divide neighborhoods by color lines

We'd rather pay for riot squads
Than pump your ghetto back to life
We let your schools decay on purpose

To build a Great Wall around our power
Another Great Wall around our power"

I don't believe the infrastructure is deliberately used to segregate. Frequently creeks and other natural features are racial dividers. It is more that people are mobile and flee to the other side of a barrier IMO.

Ehhhhh it works both ways. The black people in Harlem wouldn't want me living up there.

Absolutely a relevant factor and one that both "sides" should work on. Still, we see which group generally loses and which group generally wins as a result - the one in control of more valuable resources.

Is that supposed to be an original thought from that author?

Dead Kennedys lyrics (circa 1986):

"Bankrupt L.A.'s streetcar line
So people pay more to drive
Plant strategic freeways
To divide neighborhoods by color lines

We'd rather pay for riot squads
Than pump your ghetto back to life
We let your schools decay on purpose

To build a Great Wall around our power
Another Great Wall around our power"

I don't believe the infrastructure is deliberately used to segregate. Frequently creeks and other natural features are racial dividers. It is more that people are mobile and flee to the other side of a barrier IMO.

I don't think so at all - those are just good maps that I hadn't seen before.

Lol at "redlining doesn't affect communities today". Our cites are literally segregated by race.
snottie im hoping your lol doesn't suggest you thought my post was serious... I mean ben carson and all

I get your point but probably not the best neighborhood to use. The white population in south and central Harlem has increased like 8 fold the past 4 years and overall in harlem there has been something like a 4 fold increase since the early 2000s... and I believe the black population is at its lowest point in history, so they aren't doing a good job of stopping white people. Maybe bed stuy or fort greene would be better examples though those are changing too.

snottie im hoping your lol doesn't suggest you thought my post was serious... I mean ben carson and all

I get your point but probably not the best neighborhood to use. The white population in south and central Harlem has increased like 8 fold the past 4 years and overall in harlem there has been something like a 4 fold increase since the early 2000s... and I believe the black population is at its lowest point in history, so they aren't doing a good job of stopping white people. Maybe bed stuy or fort greene would be better examples though those are changing too.

I was surprised that came from you but yeah i did think you were serious haha. Losing my ability to detect irony cause it's everywhere now.

Harlem definitely is whiter than you'd expect. 110 to like 125th from 7th ave to the east side feels a little behind in terms of transition. One of my favorite areas in Manhattan is Dyckman Street up around 190th. Basically entirely puerto rican, dominican, columbian but it doesn't have the grimy feel of other areas. Just amazing latin food and nicely shaped women. Dirtyd would love it.

You're delusional if you think any human being thinks the Hulk Hogan b.s. means anything. It's just a company protecting itself.

No different than separating yourself from someone saying homophobic comments. Don't understand your point at all - and anybody who enjoys shooting guns is just as guilty as this young kid - at least the little idiot is honest about how much he loves playing tough guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT