ADVERTISEMENT

BC Loses a Bowl Game Because of a Missed Extra Point

"Not sure where you got that 49k number"
I didn't get a 49K number - it was "@40K". Official NCAA stats show an average of 37,345 over the last 8 years. I'd say that's @40K - I assume you went to college so you DO know what "@" means, don't you?

Cats one upped them, 9 to 8. One of our 9 was a blocked kick. Of course, we scored 528 points to B.C's paltry 341. Thus, their kickers had many fewer opportunities to miss additional extra points. Had they scored as many TD's as us they likely would have reached double figures in missed extra points.
laugh.r191677.gif

Agree that the seating arrangement is different for basketball. And I'm certainly not denigrating VU's ability to pull in 35-37,000 for hoops. Simply pointing out that the football program happened to draw well on the road vs. 2 of our historic rivals, suggesting that VU is viewed as a legit 1AA power, or else the folks wouldn't come out in such strong numbers. It will be interesting to see the turnout at UCONN next Labor Day weekend. Huskies are in a down cycle, although my old pal ET points out their new coach will be starting to get some of his players into the 2 deep next season, so they have probably already bottomed out and may be headed for a turn around. Our fan base may expect a W, which is always a dicey proposition on the road vs. a 1A. Coming off strong performances at BC and especially at Cuse, I will say that a W is a distinct possibility. Lets call it 50-50. As for the attendance, anything less than 30,000 would be disappointing.

BC still has a nascent following among non-BC alums in the Greatah Boston region but it has slipped a bit since they went to the ACC (and stopped winning for the most part).

They still have a much bettah following than say Temple in Philly though imo...as they are still the de facto FBS team in much of the New England region.

I doubt though that they will evah again reach Flutie-esque heights (pun on several levels not intended) as the college football world has changed and Greatah Boston has become a much more Patriots-centered football region than it was in the 1980s.

This is for wheelswig. I am definitely not taking a shot at BC for their attendance because they operate at a much higher level than us. I offer this picture for perspective. This is the Colorado St game a week after the Eagles beat USC. Maybe the other side was filled to capacity.

This post was edited on 12/30 4:20 PM by NovaUSMC01

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT