ADVERTISEMENT

Billions

tomdudes

VUSports.com Legend
Mar 24, 2004
no, not the lottery prize, the new show on Showtime. The premier episode was very enjoyable. Damien Lewis vs Paul Giamatti. Good stuff.

Bump. Caught up on the first 2 episodes. Ok, not great. Some of the dialogue is a bit campy and forced. Paul Giamatti's character is too scatterbrained. He's this politically connected US Atty from a wealthy family with a place in the Hamptons, but he curses and eats Chinese food off of paper plates with the ausa's like he's some blue collar self made man. Doesn't jive at all. They should have made him a hardscrabble guy from the Bronx or something.

Overall, 5/10 so far because they could have done so much more with the subject matter. I will keep watching, because theres nothing else on right now, and because they will show more boobs.

...but he curses and eats Chinese food off of paper plates with the ausa's like he's some blue collar self made man. Doesn't jive at all...

This seems to be almost petty but you're the law-talkin' guy; I will watch and report back.

The problem with Damian Lewis is he contorts his face in such a weird way when trying to speak the American accent. Ruined Homeland for me.

They need to start amping up the tension on this show before I bail. A lot of character building going on, just not much in the way of interesting characters outside of the 2 leads. Guy I went to HS with actually was on the ep tonight. Catching a box of Yum Time pies at Axe Capital.

John Crotty went to my high school.
(drops mic)
So did Brian Clijsters.
Tony Reali
James / Trevor van Riemsdyk

and teacher Gary Michael Capetta "The World's Most Dangerous Announcer"
51WUqxhoSGL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

My only claim to fame is that the Bruce Jenner mummer is one of my best friends. Does this count?

Show is great. Will watch tmrw. Too much sh*t was on tonight obviously.

I am couple weeks behind, so I will have to catch up this week. Keeping my interest so far.

The content of the show isn't that great, but the acting is quite good. That and I want to plow the shit out of Maggie Siff. Yeah I'll keep watching.

Plot lines are exaggerated but the characters are keeping me watching.

Liked it, watched it, but there is too much overacting, especially by the lead characters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT