ADVERTISEMENT

Billions

It always makes me sick when someone talks while they eat, or breathes loudly out of their mouths. Giammatti does both. I cant even watch those scenes.

I feel like half the scenes in this show are shot while eating. Mostly sushi or noodles. Annoying. This doesn't feel like a show they can stretch out for multiple seasons. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Season 2 is the end of it.

It got a little silly about 2/3rds into the season, but I thought the last 2 or 3 shows were much better.

I feel like half the scenes in this show are shot while eating. Mostly sushi or noodles. Annoying. This doesn't feel like a show they can stretch out for multiple seasons. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Season 2 is the end of it.

Don't worry Showtime in notorious for beating dead horses.

Don't worry Showtime in notorious for beating dead horses.
Aren't you talking about HBO?

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: HereComeTheCats
I like the scene where they have to explain to Giammatti (aka the dumb viewer) what a prime broker is. Or a short squeeze. He's the US Attorney prosecuting Wall Street.

The writer (Koppleman) actually sat down with a ton of Wall Street guys to try to get a feel for it. It's definitely dramatized, but that's kind of the style. Season 2 is for sure, I'd think they get a few seasons out of it. Koppleman did Rounders, and is a solid guy.

The show is bullshit. Nobody talks like that.

The only thing i used to say to guys that is real was, "My cholesterol is high enough without you buttering my ass."

Oh cmon MWG. You know you spoke like that. Wore those bankers shirts too. Blue shirt with the white cuffs and collar.

The writer (Koppleman) actually sat down with a ton of Wall Street guys to try to get a feel for it. It's definitely dramatized, but that's kind of the style. Season 2 is for sure, I'd think they get a few seasons out of it. Koppleman did Rounders, and is a solid guy.

His podcast is solid, gets some good guests.

Just finished the series. Honestly havent found anything particularly wrong with what Axelrod did.

They allude to insider trading, but never show it. Dont have a problem with the 9/11 trades. Or the cancer thing.

Also, the show sucks.

Just finished the series. Honestly havent found anything particularly wrong with what Axelrod did.

They allude to insider trading, but never show it. Dont have a problem with the 9/11 trades. Or the cancer thing.

Also, the show sucks.
Isn't that part of the point? The power hungry US Attorney is willing to do anything in the name of justice but it's really him settling a personal score while furthering his own quest for power. So really he and Bobby are the same person kind of deal?

Isn't that part of the point? The power hungry US Attorney is willing to do anything in the name of justice but it's really him settling a personal score while furthering his own quest for power. So really he and Bobby are the same person kind of deal?

ADP, my cholesterol is high enough without you buttering my ass.

the whole S&M dominatrix thing never really went anywhere either, that was unnecessary noise in my opinion

the whole S&M dominatrix thing never really went anywhere either, that was unnecessary noise in my opinion
I think the guys thought they had a gr8 idea (but not enough ammunition for a whole show) so they put in a bunch of filler nonsense. Same with the sister who was the chef.

The dialogue is nails on chalkboard bad at times. Even the ending back and forth. Just cheesy. But it has some good enough story line. It's decent enough but it really really needs to be 2 seasons, 3 max, and just wrap it up. I want a guaranteed ending by 3 if i'm going to commit to season 2.

Vinyl has its issues but I liked it a lot better.

Nardi trying to manage what Gdog cares about. I think I'm starting to understand this stuff a little better as we go along.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT