ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking the UCONN streak...???

They'll be breaking their streak alright, the Uconn losing streak of 1.

Moral victory here is what,

UConn has some significant other streaks still going including a record home court winning streak, not having lost two in a row for seventeen plus years, not having lost to an unranked team in a couple of decades. None of them should be broken this week.

Gino has always taken it easy on Harry's teams. He would have easily put up 100 plus on us several times over the past six years but called off the press, cleared the bench early and slowed them down.

Thus I would normally say we would be looking at a 35 point loss give or take five points. However....... if Nova goes off on one of those score three points in sixteen minute funks that we seem to have had in almost every game this year, all bets are off. They could have the managers and cheerleaders in there during a stretch like that and still outscore us by fifty. Their players are going to be out to put the loss to Stanford behind them early in this one.

Not able to make the trip this year - will watch on the internet.

81-35 Final
Any comments?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Comments from the AP writeup:

Before this game, Villanova coach Harry Perretta joked that he told his squad they had about a 30 percent chance of being shut out and that he would get a $1,000 bonus if the Wildcats scored 30 points.

Wow.

Although one surprising stat at the end of the writeup: The Huskies are 34-17 all-time against Villanova. Won't forget the last 2 W's, and probably the last wins for a long time.

I guess that quote says it all about the status of the women's program and the coach.

If I am not mistaken, Nova won the first 14 games in the series, making their record since then 3-37. We all know what two of them were, I wonder what the third one was.

The same Denise Dillon that at Drexel( Colonial Conference ) that defeated Big East Conference Villanova 56-50.

Interesting......

Hmmm...where and who did she learn from....from the Drexel bio.

"The genesis of this approach can be traced back to Dillon’s playing career at Villanova under the tutelage of coaching legend Harry Perretta. Playing in an offense very similar to the one now run by the Dragons, Dillon went on to a Big 5 Hall of Fame playing career on the Main Line. From 1993-96 Dillon scored 1,355 points and pulled down 677 rebounds for the Wildcats. She was an All-Rookie selection, and a three-time All-Big 5 and All-Big East pick. I was a career that would be immortalized by the Philadelphia Big 5 with enshrinement in its Hall of Fame on January 30, 2004. "

Playing in a offense similar to the one run by the Dragons now...sounds like she sooooooo radically different than HP doesn't it?

Re: Interesting......

Hmm, either she is recruiting better players at the Colonial League level than we are at the Big East level or her players want to play for her more than ......
This post was edited on 1/6 8:58 PM by tab

Re: Interesting......

Then she better recruit a little better to beat the Villanova's AND UNCW's of the world in the same season.

Never mind Denise, Coach, what's your solution for a program that's run flat ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT