ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Williams

Brian Williams is no COSTAS!!

Remember that people, COSTAS is the most important journalist of our lifetime!!

Let me start off by saying this: Williams should be shunned by all forms of media for the rest of his career. I would still let him babysit my kids - he's probably a great guy - but he deserves every ounce of vitriol he is receiving.

I think we have a problem in general if you need to be "in the action" to be taken seriously. This "need", at its core, starts with how every soldier is a "hero" because we think of them as all dodging bullets. A majority of soldiers are filling out paperwork and cleaning things all day - and guess what - that's fine! They are doing a valuable service to our country - I'm glad they will never have to see combat and wish that for all of them. But we need to get real. This whole fascination with being "in the battle" is just a reflection of a large portion of America's collective hard on for gun toting and hyper-masculinity. It's a crock of sh*t and just feeds into a lot of our problems if you can't be taken seriously as a freaking journalist unless you're risking getting killed. Then on the armed forces side, when the ones who do get hurt come home they get their horrific injuries displayed on national television commercials regularly, guilting the public into feeling like we have somehow abandoned these men. Our heroes are manufactured into visages of empathy - how can you look at these traumatically injured guys and not feel a sense of bravery and purpose in our military. The cycle continues.

Jon Stewart has been a piece of trash for a while too, and I'm glad he's going away. His downfall is a result of the polar opposite type of mass-thinking though. The "peaceful", "we're just joking around so you can't say it's political" liberal side. All of those losers made Stewart into a prophet and expected him to drop "truth bombs" on every issue - imagine the pressure. How would you cope with that? By developing a massive ego and forgetting you're a freaking entertainer, no matter how much you protect yourself by emphasizing your show is on comedy central when cornered. Still, I'd let him babysit my kids.

I hope some of these recent events make Americans take a look in the mirror and question why they take the word of these people as gospel. But I doubt it - they'll just latch on to the next "genius". Anyone defending Williams is just as bad as the people they spew hate about all day on twitter. The backpedaling on there the past two days has been hilarious.

Drudge banner headlines are...

1. End of Real News:
2. End of Fake News:

Nice to see he reads the "newsgroup".

Originally posted by SnottieDrippen:

I think we have a problem in general if you need to be "in the action" to be taken seriously. This "need", at its core, starts with how every soldier is a "hero" because we think of them as all dodging bullets. A majority of soldiers are filling out paperwork and cleaning things all day - and guess what - that's fine! They are doing a valuable service to our country - I'm glad they will never have to see combat and wish that for all of them. But we need to get real. This whole fascination with being "in the battle" is just a reflection of a large portion of America's collective hard on for gun toting and hyper-masculinity. It's a crock of sh*t and just feeds into a lot of our problems if you can't be taken seriously as a freaking journalist unless you're risking getting killed. Then on the armed forces side, when the ones who do get hurt come home they get their horrific injuries displayed on national television commercials regularly, guilting the public into feeling like we have somehow abandoned these men. Our heroes are manufactured into visages of empathy - how can you look at these traumatically injured guys and not feel a sense of bravery and purpose in our military. The cycle continues.
straw-man.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT