ADVERTISEMENT

Cats Falling Out Of Bryan Antoine Race?

JoshNaso

Jul 4, 2016
Rivals' Dan McDonald caught up with Antoine after the first night of the Under Armour Challenge as the first of the July evaluation periods kicked off, and got some thoughts from Antoine on each of his five finalists.

This is what he had to say about Villanova...“They’ve been on me since seventh or eighth grade, so they were one of the first schools to show love. Just the way Coach (Jay) Wright is, he’s an amazing guy. My parents love him. My parents and him talk all the time.”

In my opinion, none of the quotes he gave about each school point to a favorite, although the Duke quote could be used to in conjunction with the other opinions out there regarding his recruitment to boost their status as the presumed favorite I suppose.

But the bigger concern came in McDonald's assessment of what's next. There he indicates Antoine plans to take visits in September (we know he has Duke, Kentucky, and Florida scheduled in that month) and that he wants to make a decision before his senior season kicks off, possibly in October. That would bode poorly for Nova, as their visit is scheduled for early November. I will try to reach out to Dan to find out if that October timeline came directly from Antoine or is just speculation on his part.

I've said before that if his recruitment remains open and he actually takes his Nova visit, then the Cats have a chance to pull it off, but now that is in serious doubt. You can read the full article here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News