ADVERTISEMENT

CFP

ajpolo

Diaper Dandy
Feb 7, 2006
Is there a right answer for how the CFP should end up at 12:30 today? I have never not had an opinion on something so important in sports.

O$U will probably get in but they shouldn't. Their loss (at home) was horrific i don't care how early in the season it was - and their schedule was pretty god awful. They had maybe one decent win all year - and that was against a so so MSU team. BUt they ran up the score against an uttery disinterested Wisconsin last night, so yeah, let's put them in.

wisconsin had the #2 ranked defense and melvin gordon. ohio state went out there with a third string qb and under pressure to look good, and was up 45-0 at halftime. that's a statement, though wisconsin may have taken a dive to some extent

bama and oregon are the top two teams. florida state is undefeated in a bcs league and played florida and ok state ooc; you can't keep them out.

baylor beat tcu 61-58. at home. two months ago. their loss is worse and more recent, and they've given up 100 points over the last 3 games. they have the weakest case imo

i don't think you can drop a team two spots for winning 55-3. you can't. whatever made you put them at 3 a week ago is still there. so tcu should get the fourth spot even though i think ohio state is better and more deserving.

I think they have the right teams but it is unconscionable to drop TCU 3 to 6. If this was possible, thy never were #3. I agree though, punish the conference for not having a championship game. They were allowed to petition for one, it would have been granted. Neither team went out & scheduled another game to make up for lack of a championship game. Those are the 2 teams that deserve to suffer.

I also blame the made for TV 6-week process that put the committee in the position to have to answer these questions. It should be done in a blackbox like hoops Selection Sunday.

what they should do is appoint me czar and give me the power to adapt the system to the reality on the ground each year

have a tournament of teams with one or fewer losses to face the winner of the sec championship game

if a bunch of teams qualify, then you might have to fold the conference title games into the tournament, or eliminate them if the situation dictates

this year you'd have baylor/tcu playing in jerry's world for the right to play oregon, and fsu/osu on the other side

i doubt this particular solution will be implemented, unfortunately

TCU is #2 on Sagarin, sat at #3 last week and blew out their opponent. Their only loss was on the road by 3 points to another team (Baylor) that was vying for a spot and that is #5 Sagarin. O$U lost by 2 TDs at home to the 50th ranked team.

Sorry, no comparison, O$U was impressive down the stretch but did not win the "body of work" argument here.

This post was edited on 12/7 2:03 PM by LGBlue

I'm curious how Condoleeza Rice got on this board. Who looks at one of the Iraq War architects and says "You know, he/she would be a great addition to our team"?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

How does TCU move out after blowing out a team 45-3. It makes no sense. I do not watch the sport frankly the level of play is downright awful in college football today. The whole system is terrible. Did not know Rice was on the committee, that is plain stupid. Lastly is there anything more pathetic than 32 Bowl Games? No sport celebrates mediocrity like college football. Such a stupid sport. The competition is that of a potato sack race where everyone is a winner.

All came down to the dollar bills, no way TCU/Baylor make as much money for the system as O$U will. Both teams' resumes were significantly better than O$U, and the buckeyes have a 3rd string QB about to start his 2nd game of his career.

Looks to me like Wisco tanked on purpose to lose big to guarantee the bid for the Big10, maybe there's some question if O$U only wins by 14-17.

Bring back the BCS -- or at the very least let the computers decide the top 4 teams to avoid the $$ bias. Would've loved to just see Oregon square off against Bama in the championship game instead of wasting our time on January 1st.

Originally posted by Lowry45:
How does TCU move out after blowing out a team 45-3. It makes no sense. I do not watch the sport frankly the level of play is downright awful in college football today. The whole system is terrible. Did not know Rice was on the committee, that is plain stupid. Lastly is there anything more pathetic than 32 Bowl Games? No sport celebrates mediocrity like college football. Such a stupid sport. The competition is that of a potato sack race where everyone is a winner.
laugh.r191677.gif

you f--king simpleton

you are doubtlessly a massive consumer of nfl content

basically every nfl player ever except eric swann came from an american college football program (unlike basketball where all of the great players except one bypassed college entirely or left as soon as they could), and football isn't particularly a game of skill--they just f--king run with the f--king thing until somebody tackles them. so if you don't have a particular rooting interest poorer angles/tackling makes better entertainment (unlike st joe's offense). and there is more football and less advertising in each broadcast

the f--king iron bowl isn't as good as some old bitch talking about how hers is a vikings/steelers/bengals/eagles/nielsen american sniper family? f--k you you dumb motherf--ker

6-6 teams play in meaningless bowls, but they don't end up playing for the f--king championship like .500 teams in the nfl (or hockey or baseball)

alabama/ohio state just doesn't resonate the way seahawks/49ers does

laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by NovaNation1188:
All came down to the dollar bills, no way TCU/Baylor make as much money for the system as O$U will. Both teams' resumes were significantly better than O$U, and the buckeyes have a 3rd string QB about to start his 2nd game of his career.
before his first start they were 6th

then he played lights out against the #2 defense nationally, and they got their best or second best win, 59-0

so now that he's played, and they have that win, they move up

it's defensible

they're more deserving than duke was in 2009

f--k the texas weirdo christian schools. they don't tackle in that league

college basketball is shit compared to the nba, and the nfl is shit compared to the 3 30 cbs sec game

danielson's iq is higher than the sum of aikman's and buck's

Actually I am not. To be honest I watch less and less NFL football each year. To me the game is too slow and become very soft. Team score 40 points like it's nothing. Good defense barely even exists. At the college level is even worse. I just dislike college football more because the whole system of not having a true post season is stupid. At least the NFL has a true playoff system and that's it, non of this other crap.

Originally posted by blowout comb:
before his first start they were 6th

then he played lights out against the #2 defense nationally, and they got their best or second best win, 59-0

so now that he's played, and they have that win, they move up

it's defensible

they're more deserving than duke was in 2009

f--k the texas weirdo christian schools. they don't tackle in that league
For me, the win over Wisconsin is EXACTLY why O$U shouldn't play for it.

Wisconsin got to be the #2 Defense nationally because of the conference they play in -- which is a joke. The #2 Defense CANNOT lose 59-0 in college football -- and certainly not to a 3rd stringer. Wisco either tanked on purpose for $$ or they were frauds. Either way (and I think it was likely a tank job), O$U's resume in the B10 is no where near as impressive as Baylor or TCU (like a poster said -- only good win was MSU).

Wisconsin got to be the #2 Defense nationally because of the conference they play in -- which is a joke. The #2 Defense CANNOT lose 59-0 in college football -- and certainly not to a 3rd stringer. Wisco either tanked on purpose for $$ or they were frauds. Either way (and I think it was likely a tank job), O$U's resume in the B10 is no where near as impressive as Baylor or TCU (like a poster said -- only good win was MSU).
^^^ THIS ^^^
B10 football is weak.
OSU lost to a team that went 3-5 in the putrid ACC.

There should be more than four damn teams in the playoffs, there should be at least eight and maybe even 16 like the FCS.

An 8-team playoff is probably better. It's a better way to leave no doubt. A lot easier to tell the 9th/10th place team to take hike than it would be for the 5th/6th place teams. Look at this year to back that up.

Regardless, a 4-team playoff is still a step in the right direction and much better than the BCS crap they had been using. heck, if that was still in place you'd probably see a FSU/Bama final. I'm not sure FSU is as good as TCU/Baylor, maybe Michigan St. or Miss St.

shut up, all of you, my solution is the correct one

the sec champion should have an automatic berth in the title game. system for determining their opponent should be flexible

Just confused about how the committee hated the BIG10 all years - ( correctly I might add) and all of a sudden they value a game vs a team clearly laying down . Obviously URb Saban was the better earner. Makes entire think basically a joke.

the sec champion should have an automatic berth in the title game. system for determining their opponent should be flexible
this is in fact a rather brilliant suggestion

the sec champion would at least be competitive in the title game 95 out of 100 times (unlike ohio state or notre dame was), and nobody could really bitch about it

it's beyond the realm possibility that bama, lsu, florida and auburn are all top 8 teams in a given year? f--k no. but this way the sec only ever gets one team in the playoff

five star thread

Originally posted by JohnnyGentle:

the sec champion would at least be competitive in the title game 95 out of 100 times (unlike ohio state or notre dame was), and nobody could really bitch about it

it's beyond the realm possibility that bama, lsu, florida and auburn are all top 8 teams in a given year? f--k no. but this way the sec only ever gets one team in the playoff

five star thread
Am I the only one that noticed an original username post (from jg) complimenting a post from his new username (blowout comb?)

But Notre Dame and Ohio State played the SEC winner, so your "system" doesn't change anything...

that was under the previous system which was a two-team playoff. expand to 8 or 16 teams, and most years there will be bitching over how many teams the sec does or doesn't get

this way they only ever get one

five star thread
Agreed. 5 stars

Originally posted by ericw:

^^^ THIS ^^^
B10 football is weak.
OSU lost to a team that went 3-5 in the putrid ACC.
urban-meyer-gatorade-bath-after-national-championship.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT