ADVERTISEMENT

Change in The Radio Booth

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
After 28 years, Joe Eichorn will no longer be the VU play by play announcer. He will however be doing other sports game day public address work. The thinking is Ryan Fannon will move over to play by play and a new person will handle color.
Thanks joe for 28 great years.

Shame to see Joe not doing the games on radio anymore. Loved listening to Joe Eichorn announcing the games.

Ed-was it Joe's decision or the school's?
I'll miss Joe but I like Ryan doing play by play and his enthusiasm for all things Villanova. Any guess as to who will replace Joe?

Ed-was it Joe's decision or the school's?
I'll miss Joe but I like Ryan doing play by play and his enthusiasm for all things Villanova. Any guess as to who will replace Joe?
Central it was a decision made by the group that does our radio production, not VU. Only name I heard mentioned is Kevin Reilly.

If true, that would be great. Kevin Reilly '73 has a tremendous resume in football, business and overcoming cancer.

After 28 years, Joe Eichorn will no longer be the VU play by play announcer. He will however be doing other sports game day public address work. The thinking is Ryan Fannon will move over to play by play and a new person will handle color.
Thanks joe for 28 great years.
Joe was great, and I will miss him. Once you got past his sight problems, he was very funny and entertaining. He seemed to have a great on-air relationship with Ryan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT