ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Reilly Joins Football Radio Staff

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Rumored for weeks, now official, former Wildcat and Philly Eagle, Kevin Reilly will do color. Ryan Fannon will move to play-by-play. The move came about when Joe Eichorn was asked to leave. Kevin has much radio experience. Good Villanova guy.
The Eichorn voice of many years will be missed.

Rumored for weeks, now official, former Wildcat and Philly Eagle, Kevin Reilly will do color. Ryan Fannon will move to play-by-play. The move came about when Joe Eichorn was asked to leave. Kevin has much radio experience. Good Villanova guy.
Heard basketball guru Steve Pinone will be doing color for UConn game.

I'm going to miss Joe. Yes, he was a homer; yes, he had the flair for the overdramatic, but the guy bled Navy Blue and White and was entertaining. Just didn't fit the new "corporate" mold that I'm sure we're going for.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
I'm going to miss Joe. Yes, he was a homer; yes, he had the flair for the overdramatic, but the guy bled Navy Blue and White and was entertaining. Just didn't fit the new "corporate" mold that I'm sure we're going for.
F being PC and F the " corporate" mode.

Heard basketball guru Steve Pinone will be doing color for UConn game.
Maybe Steve Pinone (born a Conn guy), Whitey and George Kolb should spend some time putting together a bus trip from campus to the Fordham game.

Maybe Steve Pinone (born a Conn guy), Whitey and George Kolb should spend some time putting together a bus trip from campus to the Fordham game.
These people are not bobble heads, they are BUBBLE HEADS.

GOD BLESS JOE EICHORN

SIMPLY THE BEST

OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED

I loved listening to Joe Eichorn all of those years and will miss listening him on the radio. Hopefully Kevin Reilly will work out well on the radio.

I loved listening to Joe Eichorn all of those years and will miss listening him on the radio. Hopefully Kevin Reilly will work out well on the radio.
Its really Ryan Fannon that's replacing Joe as ply By Play Man, not Reilly. Reilly is doing the color commentary which Fannon did with Joe.

I always associated the sound of Joe Eichorn's voice with the first autumn bite in the air, leaves turning etc, etc. I will miss him.

I always associated the sound of Joe Eichorn's voice with the first autumn bite in the air, leaves turning etc, etc. I will miss him.
Also, Joe made the rounds at the tailgates and mingled with the crowd. Many a good time he had with fellow VU football fans at various games and football events, both home and on the road.

Sort of like a mini Harry the K, enjoying life and such, always with a laugh and a joke. This was handled about the same way as the move to FBS. A real clusterfcuk, but, one comes to expect that , doesn't one from certain people.

I truly hope that joe will still make the rounds at the tailgates......I consider him a true friend

Ryan could do the games all by himself a la Vin Scully. That's the way it should be for basketball.

Loved Eichorns enthusiasm ! He will be missed. I was at the game last night. Anyone have a comment on how Ryan and Kevin did together?

And, anything definitive on Underwood yet?

Loved Eichorns enthusiasm ! He will be missed. I was at the game last night. Anyone have a comment on how Ryan and Kevin did together?

And, anything definitive on Underwood yet?
Kevin did not do the game. Steve Pinone did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT