ADVERTISEMENT

Comitt

Well, that's good news, another local with some talent staying close to home. I don't follow the HS hoops much, but I know John Miller is an excellent teaching coach, so she will come with good fundamentals to start. I believe that the Mount was in the state final game each of the last three years.

My mother went to Mount St Joseph College before it became Chestnut Hill. She was from County Mayo Ireland.

My "Aunt" Ollie claimed she was the only grad married in the on-campus chapel, later dedicated to chastity

Adrianna Hahn committed. Delaware player of the year. Same HS as Delle Donne. Unfortunately a foot shorter.

Steve,

I believe she might have been Gatorade POY
as a soph in De. Living where I do, I might have a source
down there. Harry is looking more for athletes who can play.

Looks like she is a keeper. Was indeed the POY in Del. last year as a soph and has played since 8th grade, like EDD did. Watched some news stories on her commitment and seems to be as mature as a rising high school junior can be. Looks to be a good set up three point shooter and can run the break. Her heighth may hamper her ability to get open looks at the next level. Indicated that she was best friends with the Mount St. Josephs girl whose commitment started this thread.

Four weeks from today we start in Toledo with what should be a gimme game and then possibly going up against Drexel in the championship game for a better idea of what we have on the court this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Delle Donne down to Villanova and UConn at the end?

Tennessee and Middle Tennessee State (where her brother was playing football) were also in the final four. I was hoping that if she didn't choose Nova that she would go to MTSU where a mid-major program would be built around her. So seeing her wind up at Delaware was an added bonus allowing me to see her play a number of games at the BOB and at Drexel in addition to the games she played against Nova that past three years. Just a class act and carrying that on to the WNBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT