ADVERTISEMENT

Cuban Cigars

nardibynature123

VUSports.com All-American
May 5, 2014
Can you get them legally now? Was just thinking of it, or since its legal no one wants them anymore. A little confusing if you can't though. ADP, please help out.

il_570xN.383444255_11iq.jpg

$100 limit if I recall. However, I've got a guy if you need help.

I don't think you can buy them in the U.S., but I do think it's legal to go to Cuba and bring back a few of them. I'm sure someone will set up an online ordering system sometime in the near future.

Cuban cigars are very good, but so many Cuban seeds have been smuggled to places like Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic that the cigars from those areas are just as good at this point. Without the intrigue involved with getting something illegal, I don't think there will be much of a market for the Cubans after the novelty wears off.

Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
Is there anything more overrated? Bet most "experts" can't tell difference if someone gave them a Dominican with a Cuban wrapper.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I think expensive wine is more overrated than Cuban cigars. Good spirits I understand, but "good" wine is still a mystery to me. There are so many interesting wines that you can get for $15/bottle.

My main issue with wine is that there are so many tastes involved and I don't exactly have the most sophisticated pallet, so I can't really discern what is making them so expensive. Also, so much comes down to personal tastes preference and after a few tastings, I seem to like $50 and under bottles way more than $100+. With good liquor and cigars it seems to be a smoothness factor (also tastes complexities and notes that I can't discern) that I can actually taste. ADP can I email you regarding the cigars? I believe I still have your email address.

You can always e-mail. I might not respond but you have it for a reason.

Not a huge difference to me between a 12 dollar and 30 or 40 but let's not act like even a neophyte pallet can't tell the difference between a cheaper bottle that one drinks every day and an actually great , aged bottle of wine. Difference is enormous.

I don't smoke enough heaters to really get into the differences too much; in fact I don't enjoy some of the seriousness of the Cubans . Some have really put me on my ass. But some are like silk.

Back when I used to drink there were a lot of very good California wines that were $25 or less. You can definitely taste the difference between those and Carlo Rossi.

Yea, I'm not talking about boxed wine. I mean more of a nice $25-30 bottle of wine vs a $100-150 bottle I really cant tell the difference that much. At that point it's more what's in the wine, not that I can discern it but I definitely like certain tastes more than others but I have no clue which ones. ADP, email sent.

Originally posted by selmore1:
Yea, I'm not talking about boxed wine. I mean more of a nice $25-30 bottle of wine vs a $100-150 bottle I really cant tell the difference that much. At that point it's more what's in the wine, not that I can discern it but I definitely like certain tastes more than others but I have no clue which ones. ADP, email sent.
If you cannot tell the difference between even your best $30 bottle and a well regarded $150 bottle you might want to consider no longer drinking wine. Not talking some over priced 2013 Opus One or something, something aged well and decent to begin with. There is a big difference.

I'll probably pick up a box in the duty free shop to bring home next time I travel internationally. That said, I can't tell the difference.

Originally posted by HereComeTheCats:
I'll probably pick up a box in the duty free shop to bring home next time I travel internationally. That said, I can't tell the difference.
Can you pick them up at Duty Free? That would be nice, might just do that.

They already sell them in all x-US duty free so I imagine that is now an option. I'd have to look at the customs rules but I don't see why not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT