ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware Signs 22

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Plus one recruit who started school in January. A 2012 graduate of Indian River HS who spent 3 years in minor league for Texas Rangers. Jamie Jarmon has Coach Brock singing his praises." Just a dynamic,dynamic athlete. playmaker To have the ability to add someone with his skill set to the program is tremendous". Kid is 6 1 225. More Coach Brock "What a success today was. We signed an incredible class of young men who are going to represent Delaware football in terrific fashion" I guess I'll give UD the 2016 FCS title now.
Ray Jones a HS QB/LB will play safety at UD. Last summer he was offered by Tennessee. Gave it some thought but signed with nearby UD. 6 -0 195

BTW one of UD's recruits is Vinny Papale a 6-1 185 WR from Bishop Eustace, Cherry Hill, NJ. I think his dad played for Iggles.

Temple brought in 21 plus one recruit who started school in January. So Delaware brought in more recruits than Temple?
UD Coach Brock is still raving about great his recruits are. Said UD will be young in 15 & 16 but look out for UD in 17.

Jamie Jarmon story is interesting. He was an absolute STUD in DE high school baseball and football. Think of what Delino DeShields was in baseball and hoops, that was Jarmon 3 years ago. He was unstoppable on the football field.

Baseball never really worked out for him at the pro level so he is back home for UD Football. I saw him at the UD signing day celebration. He is not a tall kid, maybe 6 ft, but probably closer to 5'10". But he is a dynamic athlete.

Biggest question is if he ends up being a QB or Dback at UD. He will be competing in spring ball with a couple of other guys for the QB slot and he REALLY wants to be a QB. But he is a good enough athlete to play immediately at DBack so if he doesn't win the QB job they may try to talk him into moving positions for August camp. UD has a freshman QB they are high on by the name of Joe Walker from Philly who redshirted this past fall. I think the QB job will be won by one of those two.

UD signed another QB in this class from CT. They also signed his twin brother. That QB will redshirt this year.

Papale's kid is a tall, skinny guy. Needs to put on some muscle but looks like a decent wideout. UD also picked up another study running back, they are stockpiling them right now. They will have 4 legit RB's in camp. Hills and Randolph both looked good at times last year and they redshirted another guy who supposedly looked great in practice.

Just not sure they have the muscle upfront on the 2 lines to make the leap to top of CAA. Also, no matter who they go with, they will play a QB with no college snaps under his belt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT