ADVERTISEMENT

Don Cherry Receives CAA Top Academic Award

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
All American LB Cherry has been selected CAA Football's 2014 Academic #1. The CAA puts together a list of academic leaders. A 3.0 cum is necessary. From that list of 205 players Cherry was voted #1. Cherry is a finance major in VSB with a 3.38 GPA. He has been a three-time member of the Dean's List and was named Villanova's Student -Athlete of the Month in December. "Don Cherry is the epitome of what a student athlete should be," said Villanova head coach Andy Talley. "He is a true All American who is truly deserving of this honor." Cherry was joined by QB John Robertson as two of just ten members of the 2014 All CAA First Team to be named Academic All Conference. Twenty Villanova Wildcats were selected for academic honors by the Conference:
WR Anthony DeCamillo
DB Cameron McCurry
QB Chris Polony
TE Doug Turrell
WR Jacob Gribb
OL Jake Prus
P John Hinchen
WR Kevin Gulas
DB Matt McCann
TE/LS Morgan Craig
OL Peter Sotiriou
DB Robert Rolle
OL Ross Hall
TE Ryan Morris
K Steve Wyler
LB T.J. White

DL Tanoh Kpassagnon
LB Travis Clark
I first read this good news on VU Hoops .com
Villanova tied with James Madison for the third most academic selections behind Delaware (28) and UNH (23).
I expect Cherry and Nova's other players from the Nutmeg state to be super-pumped on September 3rd.
This post was edited on 3/28 10:08 AM by UncleEd

Great accomplishment. Proud of them!

Mary Ann and I grew up in Bridgeport Conn, we are planning to attend the Nova W over Conn in football this summer...

Tom

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT