ADVERTISEMENT

Duke's Defense and Coach K

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
Their in-season turn around is nothing short of spectacular. Coack K goes from a guy who only plays a switching man to installing a zone and mixing his defenses mid-season. All in the midst of playing only 8 guys, 4 of which are freshman. I usually detest Duke but what this team is nothing short of spectacular. They also seemed like great kids. I would love to hear thoughts on the defense. How did K get them to improve so significantly during the course of the season. Mid-January they were terrible but closed the season with unbelievable defense. All while playing a starting line-up with two 6 foot guys, a 6'5 guy, a 6'6 guy and a 6'11 guy who still can't guard a chair. What I noticed is in their man their littles did an outstanding job of harrassing the passer, thus it made it tough for teams to exploit mis-matches and their help D was incredible. It seems those were the two factors that made up for any of the individual short-comings of the defenders. However, I'd love to hear thoughts on what others saw because it gives me hope we can be a better defensive team next year with the proper coaching/scheme and kids willing to learn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News