ADVERTISEMENT

EURO 2016 Predictions

I respect you too much as a poster to troll. I don't count the sideline officials because they only call offsides (which is another BS rule inside the 18 yard box). I'm saying get 2 refs running around the middle of the field -- right now there's only one.
The sideline officials can also make foul calls and can be consulted on all calls as well if they see it. If they raise their flag and shake it, it means they saw a foul. The ref can choose to ignore, but generally he will follow the linesmen's decisions. I believe the Zidane head butt in the 2006 final was actually called by the fourth official, who generally does the clock and manages administrative stuff.

The sideline officials can also make foul calls and can be consulted on all calls as well if they see it. If they raise their flag and shake it, it means they saw a foul. The ref can choose to ignore, but generally he will follow the linesmen's decisions. I believe the Zidane head butt in the 2006 final was actually called by the fourth official, who generally does the clock and manages administrative stuff.
Generally fouls that impact games are in the area of a potential free kick and not near the linesmen, no?

Spain-Italy at 12 - winner plays Germany Saturday

England-Iceland at 3 - winner plays France Sunday

A direct kick, middle of field, <40 yds of goal.
The linesman may have the best vantage to make a foul call if its a break in those situations, as he would likely be the only official on that half of the field.

In the flow of play (ie not in breakaways or counters), the head official will have the better viewpoint, agreed.

I have no idea why that is important or relevant.

I've learned to appreciate some of the "quirks" that get complained about by "new" fans of soccer. My only complaint remains the clock/time situation, but now that they provide the amount of stoppage time, even that is fine with me.

And if people don't like PK's being the decider in tournament games, reducing the number of players on the field after extra time could be an option. Don't need to go to 7v7, but dropping to 8 or 9 would add some drama yet still be more representative than a PK duel.

Reactions: kjbert
Italy is Germany's bogey team - historical results:

2012 UEFA European Championship: 2-1 ITA
2006 FIFA World Cup: 2-0 ITA
1996 UEFA European Championship: 0-0 draw
1988 UEFA European Championship: 1-1 draw
1982 FIFA World Cup: 3-1 ITA
1978 FIFA World Cup: 0-0 draw
1970 FIFA World Cup: 4-3 ITA
1962 FIFA World Cup: 0-0 draw

Germany has never beaten Italy in a tournament.

Read a story where Iceland (the country) has so many people that have traveled to see the games live, that the USA-equivalent would be 30 million people traveling for a game.

What are you talking about? Scouse is a term to describe the accent for Liverpudlian (someone from Liverpool), and English...smh

Correct. Scousers and Geordies are English. Scots and Welsh are not.

mcmanaman is from liverpool

thatcher is despised in the northwest of england. liverpool has a large irish population and is a fairly-left wing city, traditionally

mcmanaman also played for liverpool fc, and they've hung banners in their stadium reading "we are not english we are scouse". there are a fair number of their fans who openly deride the english national team

they also say mate a lot

so that's what that was, since there was another post, and you actually typed out 'smh'. now sit down and shut up

Lol. Smdha.

That saying is mostly in jest (and mainly at Anfield), though perhaps some truth in it as Liverpool generally feels as an outsider to the rest of England and has a fairly high opinion of itself but it doesn't mean every Liverpool individual feels that way - just mostly the immobile locals. I know plenty Liverpudlians in London who don't.

Liberalism is a disease that needs to be eradicated. Whether in Liverpool or any large US city. Hopefully Trump wins in November and sends all the illegals in the US packing and cleans house in DC...

Practically everyone in England has more than a few choice words for the national team, as it hasn't brought home any international hardware since 1966, despite being the originators of football, many times amongst the favorites, and investing quite a bit in their infrastructure. The announcers bashing them like they did is run of the mill and nothing new to see there. Imagine if the US hadn't won any international basketball competitions in over 50 years, consistently put forth a team of NBA all-stars, and get knocked out in an international competition to a small country like Iceland who only started seriously playing the game...oh, wait, what happened in the US the couple times not winning Olympic gold in '88 and '04 and FIBA World Cup several times? Not winning in '88 prompted the creation of the Dream Team...Now multiply not winning many, many times for over 50 years of utter incompetence and if the Dream Team failed to win and you have what England goes through every time they step on the pitch.

'Mate' is a term of endearment as a friend equivalent to "what's up/hey 'bro'/'dude'/'man'" etc. It is used by just about everyone in England as well as Australia, South Africa, and NZ.

Now you sit down and shut up...smdh

Last edited:
Reactions: tomjackleman
What do you call an Englishman in a cup final? Referee.
jay-leno-2.jpg

Reactions: kjbert and LizReed
Liberalism is a disease that needs to be eradicated. Whether in Liverpool or any large US city. Hopefully Trump wins in November and sends all the illegals in the US packing and cleans house in DC...

i stopped reading after this. there's a schizoid fake cancer sufferer here who serves my right-wing nitwit needs

i'm sure the rest was great, though

Typical left-wing, shit for brains, liberal perspective...can't consider or accept the truth...

Wales 3 - 1.

Pretty entertaining. Very nice goals.

Happened into the Iceland game as well. Been there for the dogs. Almost a bicycle for Iceland if he doesn't put a laser into goalies chest.

Just a WC guy, so all new to me.

Reactions: KrazyKat and kjbert
I respect you too much as a poster to troll. I don't count the sideline officials because they only call offsides (which is another BS rule inside the 18 yard box). I'm saying get 2 refs running around the middle of the field -- right now there's only one.

Not true, sideline officials can signal for fouls, and as long as the ref chooses to use them it's very helpful. However, I do agree that two full time refs are needed with the pace of most high level matches. What we also need is all MLS referees to be demoted to Nicaraguan League.

Jim Malone didn't die "screamin' like a stuck Irish pig," Frank Nitti did.

Interesting matchup tonight - two big names for each team (Ronaldo, Bale). Portugal is just scraping through their games, Wales has shown a lot of character.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT