ADVERTISEMENT

Family Leave

Some employers also cover employees' commuting costs. This is manifestly unfair to the employees that live close to work.

Do you have a free gym in your office? What if you're a fat dump and don't go to the gym? Seems unfair.

I'll have you know that last night I had not one, not two, but TWO AND A HALF beers before getting into bed at 10:15pm.....
2209805541_8e0b4d0d7c.jpg

Some employers also cover employees' commuting costs.

I don't think I've ever heard of a company that does this, but regardless, at the very least it's not as ubiquitous as maternity leave. If a random company wants to offer a random benefit, that's great.

What's bizarre is that cash bonuses for babies is the norm now.

I was asleep by 9:30.
I don't think I've ever heard of a company that does this, but regardless, at the very least it's not as ubiquitous as maternity leave. If a random company wants to offer a random benefit, that's great.

What's bizarre is that cash bonuses for babies is the norm now.
Federal government

How is this different than "my wife is sick, have to take her to the doctor, can't make it in" routine?

Would it make more sense to look at it from the opposite side? If you do need to take these benefits you will, in most cases, get a larger raise, bigger bonus, and put yourself in a better position for a promotion. If you take 6 months paid leave to pop a kid out, you performance related compensation will be effected.

Would it make more sense to look at it from the opposite side? If you do need to take these benefits you will, in most cases, get a larger raise, bigger bonus, and put yourself in a better position for a promotion. If you take 6 months paid leave to pop a kid out, you performance related compensation will be effected.
I don't think anyone gives 6 months of paid leave. You might have some supplemental insurance to cover some of that time but I cannot imagine a company paying someone for half a year to have a kid. That's crazy.

I don't think anyone gives 6 months of paid leave. You might have some supplemental insurance to cover some of that time but I cannot imagine a company paying someone for half a year to have a kid. That's crazy.

netflix-inc-offers-unlimited-maternity-and-paternity-leaves.jpg

That wouldn't be fair to the women coming back to work, unequal pay!

Reactions: adp98
I'll have you know that last night I had not one, not two, but TWO AND A HALF beers before getting into bed at 10:15pm.....
Worse. RStrick is headed to the suburbs with two kids and a dog. Someone will have to show him which end of the lawnmower to push. Very sad.

Worse. RStrick is headed to the suburbs with two kids and a dog. Someone will have to show him which end of the lawnmower to push. Very sad.
Strick is gonna turn into this guy if there are now culinary delights there.

this-is-walter.jpg

Doing great so far. Game-changer. Currently going through the 4 month sleep regression, which I didn't know was a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT