ADVERTISEMENT

Fat Boi Check-in

Mr. Wade Garrett

VUSports.com Addict
Dec 11, 2007
Dead of the coldest winter i can remember. How are you fat fukks holding up?

I have been working out seven days a week for the past two months to combat the depressive effects of not being able to leave my house, except to go to work.

Currently 186, off a 206 high this time last year. My adult low is 185. Looking to eclipse that. One more pound and i willno longer qualify as "overweight" on the BMI chart for the first time since 2nd grade.

I'm at 170 right now and hoping to put on another 5-8 lbs by May, while reducing my body fat. I'm at 15% but I attribute that to eating more to gain mass and less cardio. Plus a lot of booze.

No, Colombia fell through with my buddies so i booked argentina and uruguay with a chick in three weeks.

Not the same type of trip, im aware.

Fighting a cold for over a week now and slacking off big-time; but eating better starting today and will try to hit the gym soon.

i work out daily. its not always really intense like running 5 miles then lifting like i used to do in my twenties. now ill run 3 miles and lift on my intense days (4 days per week) and then shoot hoops and jump rope and do some band or trx work two days per week and just go for a walk with the gf the next.

when spring comes i carry my bag 18 holes 3 times per week. makes for a nice workout and change of pace to lifting which can be tough on the joints as we age.

Hey congrats man, that's really awesome. Hopefully it'll motivate me to get off my fat tush and do more gyming than 1-3 times a week. And what I do at the gym probably wouldn't be classified by most as gyming.

Originally posted by Mr. Wade Garrett:
Currently 186, off a 206 high this time last year. My adult low is 185. Looking to eclipse that. One more pound and i willno longer qualify as "overweight" on the BMI chart for the first time since 2nd grade.
Amazing what can happen when you give up grape soda.

Originally posted by Greg Woodward:
Originally posted by Mr. Wade Garrett:
Amazing what can happen when you give up grape soda.
Hey, let's keep the black jokes to a minimum, alright? We're all friends here.

You honky.

let me ask you guys a question. im 34 and not married, no kids. i have all the time in the world after work to do what i want and i have always enjoyed physical activity. does marriage really take that much time away from your hobbies? or is it when the kids come? why do most 40 yr olds gain so much weight and look like they are 60 dragging around 2-3 kids to teh Y for dance class. ill never understand letting myself go like they do. im i missing something? is life that different after a few kids?

I don't think it's marriage that takes away (at least in my case), the kids definitely have a huge impact though. I still play in a basketball league on Weds nights that I just picked up again after a hiatus (has been great) and I try to get to the gym both on Saturday and Sunday but it's not easy. I really need to lose about 15-20lbs but I can't see letting myself go to the point that you're describing.

Wed in NY? i used to play hoops all the time but my knees are shot. once you start have bone on bone issues its over for hoops. now i just run not as painful.

Uhhh... women are a pain in the ass and demand all of your free time. Thats why all married guys look like shit.

God forbid you have a free hour, it should be to listen to her bitch about her job, not work on yourself or do anything you personally enjoy without her.

1h2w1V0.gif

Not to mention that, if you ever do take an hour to do something on your own, you will have to hear about it for 2 weeks straight.

Originally posted by novabball2:
Wed in NY? i used to play hoops all the time but my knees are shot. once you start have bone on bone issues its over for hoops. now i just run not as painful.

Yeah, Weds. nights in NYC. There's a core group of maybe 8-10 guys and then a few other guys, run 4 on 4 full court (court is a bit smaller then regulation), 2 hour run. Great workout but feel like I'm 90 years old when I get home and on Thursday mornings.

I suck at running. I'm slow and just find it boring. Never really been a good distance runner.

i dont distance run, i run 3 miles and i try to do it in 20 mins or less, 5 miles in 35 mins or less. the faster pace builds muscle and doesnt burn that much fat where i look like a cross country high schooler. if you can do that you'll be in great shape.

i dont get women, so thats why im still not married. i need my own time, you watch the bachelor for two hrs and ill go play hoops or do the gym OR ill do either after work and then take care of dinner and the kids that night so you can go. if i marry ill be divorced in three years. im never home. i need to be out and about doing things.

its why im not married now. not sure if i ever will. i like having gfs but i also like when they leave for the week and come back on the weekends.

sitting on 192 at the moment, hoping to get down to 185 by June/July. ok with 1-2 of those lbs being muscle at this point. still strong as shit, and can run 4-5 miles @ around a 6:45 pace (dont have much time to run these days so i havent pushed much farther in a single session). i'm only really after incremental performance gains at this point, figure cutting 7lbs should make me 10-15 seconds faster per mile,

6:45 pace is a really good number. my best in a 5 miler was 6:40, after a scope (torn meniscus, removal of loose bodies in the knee joint and shaving down the bone spurs) im more like 7:30 now. so hard to get better after injuries. cant imagine how the pro athletes do it. granted they have trainers and other people helping them along the way.

Is the TRX stuff still popular? Not in my gym at all. Fitness Anywhere is a customer of mine.

let me ask you guys a question. im 34 and not married, no kids. i have all the time in the world after work to do what i want and i have always enjoyed physical activity. does marriage really take that much time away from your hobbies? or is it when the kids come? why do most 40 yr olds gain so much weight and look like they are 60 dragging around 2-3 kids to teh Y for dance class. ill never understand letting myself go like they do. im i missing something? is life that different after a few kids?
IMO, it's kids. Personally, it's because I enjoy my kids more than my old hobbies. I simply prioritize that time with them more than previous hobbies.

My wife is cool and we respect the need for each of us to maintain our own time/identity beyond being married to each other/parents to our kids. IMO, very important part of a happy marriage is to maintain your own relationships/activities. Obviously you need activities together as well.

Sitting at 166 and looking to shed 5 lbs in the next month. Won't be easy with all the Nova related Hoops travel I hope to experience in the next month.

166? how tall are you? i am 6'2" and have been at a lean 190-195 for the last 5 years. when i was playing hoops regularly before the knees gave out i was 185.

I have been hovering around 201-203. I had been at 195 but I have been slacking with working out. When it warms up I normally lost a few pounds mountain biking. I'm 6'1" and had been 227 at one point so things could be worse. I have to get back into running on a treadmill but find it boring.

I'd like to hit 185 or at least get under 190 by summer.

its why im not married now. not sure if i ever will. i like having gfs but i also like when they leave for the week and come back on the weekends.
SportsBoss?

Just got a full body evaluation at my gym.

Ht: 6'0
Wt: 185lbs
BMI: 25.1
Body Fat %: 12.3%
Skeletal Muscle Mass: 94lbs
Body Fat Mass: 22.7lbs
Basal Met Rate: 1,961 kcal

They even were able to weigh each arm and leg. So they could tell if I had had an injury in the past as one side weighs more than the other. For example, my right arm is 0.4lbs heavier than my left, and they knew that I had injured my left shoulder at some point. Really interesting stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT