ADVERTISEMENT

FB night games

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
Any valid reason for 7 PM kickoff for Towson and Albany games?. Sparse crowd shown in posted pictures. Any TV money involved? Occasionally get back east to visit family in DC area. No way we would drive up for a night game. Even the 3 PM start for last years Delaware game, which I attended, was pushing it due to the cold weather in second half.

PCH very good question. You really don't think the VU adm types would explain the reason to their customers? Not a word. Last Sat was Special Olympics, so might be a factor. This Sat who knows? TV maybe. Don't expect anyone will tell us.
I have a big crowd expected to our tailgate but the cold weather might scare away some of the really young kids.

It must be because of TV. Albany game and Towson game both on TV. But I bet then lose 1500-2000 people having the game at night this time of year. The fact that this Athletic Department doesn't promote this program and this QB is a damn shame. They COULD get significantly more people in the stands if they tried to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT