ADVERTISEMENT

FCS playoff bracket?

DC_VU_Chapter

VUSports.com All-American
Nov 17, 2005
when will this be announced and do we have a chance at a home game this year?

Tomorrow at 11 am on ESPNU Cats will get a bye and a home game on Dec. 6. Our # 12 ranked hoops guys play st.joe at 1PM on FS1 guess football will play at 5 or 6 PM Some fun on our campus.

Coastal Carolina lost. I think there is a good chance that we pass them for playoff seeding. I wonder if this could put us at #6 against J'ville State if we win our first round game? Hope it doesn't set us up for a #5 seed, with the potential of playing #4 Eastern Washington if we win our first game. I don't think my eyes can take that field again. I'd have to think those would be our most likely opponents if we win the first. Maybe a possibility of ND State waiting for us? Understand that we still need to win the first game, but just thinking ahead a little.

We should move past Coastal Carolina, a questionable # 2 to begin with, but who knows. I wish they would re-schedule Bball game to late afternoon or early evening, and move the Football game to 1PM. Pretty sure that won't happen due to TV. Sitting through a 3 plus hour night football game in typical early Dec. weather will be brutal. Not to mention an almost certain low attendance. Both teams that will be playing and their fans, like me
roll.r191677.gif
deserve better.

Watch out for the JMU Dukes. Playing some legit football right now 7 wins in a row. Vad Lee has been losing his damn mind over that stretch. Both Nova & the Dukes will be tough outs. Good thing about only getting 4 in is hopefully no CAA teams will play each other before 3rd round at earliest.

The hottest team going into playoffs is JMU a possible 2nd round foe of our Cats. The red hot Dukes, with a great QB in Vad Lee open at home vs Liberty. The winner comes to Nova at 4:30 Dec 6 At 1PM the hawk will be dead. At 4:30 the JMU Dukes will go down( I think JMU can Beat Liberty).

Ugh. REALLY wanted the chanticleers in round 2. Richmond with a gift first 2 rounds. We should get past liberty but that game will be a madhouse those bible boys travel well.

Nova/JMU will feature 2 of the best qb's in fcs

Bracket is clearly "travel influenced". Looks like they worked hard to limit mileage for teams. Really didn't want to see JMU when we do (would prefer richmond), but what can you do
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If you believe JMU is better than Richmond, as I do, we were screwed by the committee. Why? I guess they believe Richmond is better than JMU. JMU beat Richmond 55-20 0n Nov. 15th. JMU has won 7 straight. How can you believe Richmond is better than JMU?Coastal Carolina is a 7th seed and gets Richmond-Morgan St. winner. Nova as a 6th seed gets the JMU-Liberty winner. As mentioned by one of the announcers on the Selection show, JMU is one of the hottest teams in FCS. They are much improved over the JMU team we beat in September. The committee did us no favors.

How is Nova screwed??? To win the National Championship, they will have to beat whoever they play including the best teams.

I believe I explained why I think we were screwed. They seed teams for a reason. To reward the best teams with bye's and then with games against teams who the Committee believes are easier to beat. Why do you think they do that? I can just hear the 8 coaches who received bye's clamoring about the injustice of it all. That damn Committee. Why didn't they pick really tough teams in our bracket. I want to beat the toughest team first, then bring on the lesser lights. You Betcha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT