ADVERTISEMENT

FCS Top 25

DCFRANKLIN

VUSports.com All-American
Dec 19, 2007
VU remains #6, although Sports Network seeds Cats 7th so as to facilitate a VU-UNH matchup on 12/13.
UNH remains #1, Coastal Carolina #2, ND State regains #3, Jacksonville St. #4.
Everyone in the Top 12 who played won.
Spots 13-25 saw several ranked teams upset. Loser of Richmond v. W&M will be out of playoffs with 5 losses.
8-3 JMU appears safely aboard playoff bus after upsetting #14 Richmond.
For what its worth, Montana & YSU may both be on the outside looking in if they lose to Montana St & ND State on Saturday.
Speaking for myself, I think Sally League champs (CC & Jack St.) are pretenders who will fall to under-rated Mountain West regional opponents in the playoffs.
I also think Committee will do the right thing by matching VU @ UNH in the Quarters on 12/13.
You mail in one coaching performance in 2013 and it ends up costing you home field in the 2014 playoffs.
This post was edited on 11/17 1:30 PM by DCFRANKLIN

They should play noontime at PPL in Chester. Weather in NH will be brutal come Dec. 12. Don't think it will affect the outcome of the game but scoring will be down.

Several on here probably remember the last time we played UNH in the quarterfinals on the road to Chatty in 2009 in a snowstorm at Nova. UNH fumbled the opening kickoff and VU took it into the endzone and scored not 10 seconds into the game. They had to shovel the yard lines after each change of possession or first down. UNH seemed to be more affected by the weather than Nova. The following week was brutally cold for the game against W&M but dry, Nova eeked out a W thanks to an important overturned call via instant replay that was brought in for the semis.

Durham is not the most hospitable, modern, or biggest place to play but at least it's a place we have been before, can't be any harder than a domed stadium at a team like UNI or ND State(although it would be warmer). Just checked, they only got lights this year! I wonder if they put a game with #1 UNH against #7 Villanova on the FCS playoff friday night timeslot that weekend on ESPN to make a big deal of playing at night for the first time ever there, in a battle of the "Wildcats". That second weekend in December I think still has a Fri night TV slot, used to be used for one of the semifinal games but now that weekend is the quarterfinals since they expanded to 20 teams in 2010.
This post was edited on 11/19 12:20 PM by ak3883

There will be Friday night games on 12/12 and 12/19. If sanity prevails, those games will take place indoors or in warmer climes than New Hampsire. For VU & UNH to meet, they would have to be seeded 2-7 or 3-6, something well within the Commitee's discretion. In NCAA-world, the Comittee can slide a team up or down 1 seed for geographic balance or to create highly anticipated matchups. Thus, if UNH or VU both win Saturday, look for them to match up in the Quarter-finals. Evenif UNH should lose, I don't see them falling out of the top 4. A VU loss would probably set up a home game on 11/29 and a road game on 12/6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT