ADVERTISEMENT

Football Club Preseason Coaches Night

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Thursday night Aug 25 at Taphouse, 4th St in Bridgeport (wwwtaphouse23.com)
Coach and staff will give us a season preview. Football club will discuss season plans for tailgates and other events. 6 to 9 PM $30.cash or check at door.
Contact cathymakoid@comcast.net

What's up with tailgating this session? Same old foolish restrictions or will things get any better? Can't get any worse. Can the new AD do anything?

What's up with tailgating this session? Same old foolish restrictions or will things get any better? Can't get any worse. Can the new AD do anything?[/QUOTE I am not aware of the new AD doing ANYTHING for football.
Parking will be a big mess. The lot on the southeast corner of Ithan and Lancaster is gone. Back near P&W tracks a large parking garage is near completion(open in January)
In front of this building near Lancaster Ave ,the new theater is under construction.
My advice - buy the reserved tailgate spot located behind the North stands. Worth the extra bucks. Guaranteed parking spot .Spot is reserved in your name. Guaranteed good party.

I'm also not aware of new AD doing anything different or improve football.

It's marketed very poorly & thus you get the attendance that they get.

Would be a great project for the prestigious b-school to work on.

Time will tell with AD. I'm not sure he spends a lot of time on football.

Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I'm also not aware of new AD doing anything different or improve football.

It's marketed very poorly & thus you get the attendance that they get.

Would be a great project for the prestigious b-school to work on.

Time will tell with AD. I'm not sure he spends a lot of time on football.

Hope I'm wrong.
He gave lip service to the needs of football in his early interviews. But, nothing. Many people in the athletic department view him as a short timer.

I was very busy at the time I sent my Season Ticket Application back. Just signed and sent. After I sent it in, it dawned on me there was no small schedule enclosed, nor was there any chance to order away game tickets. These were always included in the past with the Application. A step backward, if my recollection is correct.

I was very busy at the time I sent my Season Ticket Application back. Just signed and sent. After I sent it in, it dawned on me there was no small schedule enclosed, nor was there any chance to order away game tickets. These were always included in the past with the Application. A step backward, if my recollection is correct.
The schedule cards always, every season arrive late.
I stopped in ticket office and bought away game tickets - Pitt, Lafayette, Delaware. So far the office mailed the Pitt ticket, but not yet the others. No rush for those games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT