ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Underwood's status?

ROMEOCAT

All VUSports.com Team
Aug 11, 2002
Who is #3 on the Depth Chart at RB. Can Poppy play there in an emergency? Can Polony? Richmond's D can be stingy, & my concern is that Monangai may need some help back there if Underwood is a no-go. Too bad Rahman is gone. Haven't seem much of Austin Medley this year, is he still around?

Underwood is out for three games with a leg injury. Medley returned yesterday after missing three or four games. Eleven carries for 31 yds. BTW Underwood is a fine receiver coming out of the backfield.
So Cats got an RB back and then lost a RB. A Nova plan was to redshirt Soph Javon White. Might change that plan.
True frosh Matt Gudzak has impressed at times this season. Will get more PT. Underwood will surely return for the playoffs.
The really sad injury report is that senior nose tackle Pat Williams suffered a career ending knee injury. Williams has been playing very well. Yesterday he blocked a punt that I swear he blocked with his face mask. He will be missed.Junior tackle Jordan Hunter must step up. Hunter surely has the size at 6-2, 320.

Shame this happened to both players, especially Williams. Nothing good was going to come out playing this game. Villanova had nothing to gain everything to lose. Glad FCS schools are limited to 11 games next year.

If he is out for three games, then he could be back for the playoffs.

In his post game comments, Talley said Gary's out 4 weeks. If its only 3, so much the better. In the interim Austin Medley will get most of Underwood's reps. Medley also lost time to injury and has been more or less a forgotten man since his return. He's run for nearly 1,500 yards in his career. That said, Underwood's versatility is irreplaceable and he will be missed.

Really upset to hear about Pat Williams. Young man was having a very good year. This is a significant setback as we are getting thin on D line.

Uncle Ed is right. Jordan Hunter played well vs. W&M. I wish him well filling in for Williams.

Always tough for a player to go down for the year. Even tougher for a Senior, and even tougher for Pat Williams who has overcome so much. The article by Mike Kern, in the Daily News, this past week on the tremendous obstacles Pat Williams has already overcome in his young life makes it easy to say, if anyone didn't deserve this ending to his Nova Football career, it's Pat Williams. Hope he has a full, and quick recovery.

Originally posted by paschall:
Always tough for a player to go down for the year. Even tougher for a Senior, and even tougher for Pat Williams who has overcome so much. The article by Mike Kern, in the Daily News, this past week on the tremendous obstacles Pat Williams has already overcome in his young life makes it easy to say, if anyone didn't deserve this ending to his Nova Football career, it's Pat Williams. Hope he has a full, and quick recovery.
Agreed. It does not seem fair after all he has been through.

Oh man, really, really upset to hear about Pat Williams. I really enjoyed watching him play. He seemed like a very likeable guy. He was a player. Best of luck to him in the future. Seems like a great young man.

Confirmed by VUHoops Ewart that the Williams injury is inaccurate. Big sigh of relief here. Majors, Kpassognon, Medley (now back) Underwood, Hall , Pettway and I am sure I missed someone. Way too long a list for a National Championship team. Looks like a couple will be back for the playoffs. Maybe Andy will address this on his radio show tonight.

The way I have read the comments so far, Underwood, Majors, Hall, Medey and Underwood will be back but you really need to read between the lines when Andy speaks about injuries. And if they are back, how effective will they be?

Pettway should be back for the playoffs too. I was under the impression Majors would not be back, but it would be sick if he were. Would bring incredible depth on the defensive side.

Guys - Pat Williams is injured. Not a rumor. However good news today. See my post.

I thought athat Andy said Tuesday that Gary Underwood was out for the year. Hope I'm wrong.

If appearances mean anything, Underwood looked far more hobbled than did Pettway a week after Pettway's injury at Maine on 10/4. Pettway looks to be coming along. Underwood's absence was very noticeable on the field at Richmond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT