ADVERTISEMENT

Highlights from our Lady Cats Hoops Banquet today

UncleBill57

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2001
Harry mentioned the good start this year and winning the Big 5 championship. Then the negative impact that the injuries had on the team's
progression for the duration of the year.

Aards went to Shannon Elliot, Scholar-Athlete; Kyle Dougherty, Most Improved; Tia Grant, Coaches' Award; Laura Sweeney, Best Rebounder; and Maria Getty, Most Valuable Player.

Kyle Dougherty was funny saying didn't I get the most improved award last
year too? I must really have been bad.

Our Lady Cats currently have a 3.211 cumulative GPA with 8 having GPA's of 3.0 or higher and 5 having GPA's of 3.5 or higher. Not too shabby.

The team will be travelling to Italy May 19 to 29 and play games while
travelling to Como, Verona, Venice, Montecatinni, Florence and Rome.

Their were ots of sincere thanks from the award winners and and the departing seniors.

As usual it was a fun time.

Negative impact of injuries!! The two injured players did not even average 9 points a game between them. Additionally, the opponents on the front part of the schedule were lower Division 1 opponents. There should be no excuses it was a very poor season. The health of the program should be judged by the team's in conference record. Hopefully, next year will be better.

I think for the lady cats to show significant improvement we'll need to improve the level of our recruits. We need to consistently get players like Courtney, Katie, Trish, Liad and other talented players in order to compete against the other BE teams.

Bill we need to recruit more athletic players. As has been discussed many times this is extremely difficult since our style of play does not appeal to the more athletic players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT