ADVERTISEMENT

Hilljacks & fast laps...'Murica

Eberzzz

Diaper Dandy
Dec 16, 2005
Headed out to Indy for the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500. Any of you elitist East Coast chauncies ever mingled with your salt of the earth brethren? This will be my 8th in 9 years, say what you will about middle 'Murica (it sucks), but Indy does big events right (see: 2007 Super Bowl, any Final 4 they've hosted). Small downtown, grid setup, all bars/hotels in the same area, they close down the streets and let you walk around with open containers.

This is the first time in forever since the race has sold out - track is privately run and notoriously vague about attendance figures - the local TV blackout on the race has been lifted for the first time. Expect 375k/400k in the grounds on Sunday, largest one-day sporting event in the world.

Carb Day (last day the teams are allowed to work on their cars) which is tomorrow is also sold out, first time that's ever happened. Expecting 225k for that. Journey playing in the afternoon.

Look for me in Turn 3 aka "The Snake Pit." I'll be the guy w/ the Kenny Powers cut passing around the sweet Cali j's trying to coordinate a post-race finger blast sesh with one of my cousin's friends.
IMS_IS_SO_BIG_1432302902174_18670477_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

Headed out to Indy for the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500. Any of you elitist East Coast chauncies ever mingled with your salt of the earth brethren? This will be my 8th in 9 years, say what you will about middle 'Murica (it sucks), but Indy does big events right (see: 2007 Super Bowl, any Final 4 they've hosted). Small downtown, grid setup, all bars/hotels in the same area, they close down the streets and let you walk around with open containers.

This is the first time in forever since the race has sold out - track is privately run and notoriously vague about attendance figures - the local TV blackout on the race has been lifted for the first time. Expect 375k/400k in the grounds on Sunday, largest one-day sporting event in the world.

Carb Day (last day the teams are allowed to work on their cars) which is tomorrow is also sold out, first time that's ever happened. Expecting 225k for that. Journey playing in the afternoon.

Look for me in Turn 3 aka "The Snake Pit." I'll be the guy w/ the Kenny Powers cut passing around the sweet Cali j's trying to coordinate a post-race finger blast sesh with one of my cousins.

Fixed

Carb Day (1 day a week I eat pizza) which is tomorrow is also sold out, first time that's ever happened. Expecting 225k for that. Journey playing in the afternoon.

Look for me in Turn 3 aka "The Snake Pit." I'll be the guy w/ the Kenny Powers cut passing around the sweet Cali j's trying to coordinate a post-race finger blast sesh with one of my cousin's friends.
Fixed for spg

have family in Indy, they have pit tickets and offered them up but can't make it. wish i could go to actually meet the one and only eberzzz. we could have reminisced about you heading to sushi lounge now.

Never been to Indy, but want to go. I've been to Watkins Glen in the GTP era, and I went to the Rolex 24. I've been wanting to go to the USGP in Austin since it was announced, but I can't make it work.

On a side note, right now the ad on the bottom (see what I did there) of the page is for Depends. I don't know what I looked at that made Rivals think this was the ad I needed to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT