ADVERTISEMENT

Homemade cold brew coffee

NovaHoops2002

VUSports.com All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone else try this? I just made my first batch yesterday and the results are excellent. It involved a little bit of work and I assume you get better each time you try it. But I am not complaining at all - the flavor is so much better than just a regular coffee and it's much cheaper than buying a coffee from Starbucks.

Amazon product ASIN B0006H0JVW

q2iQoqS.gif

You mean I gotta drink this coffee hot?

Reactions: kjbert
Anyone else try this? I just made my first batch yesterday and the results are excellent. It involved a little bit of work and I assume you get better each time you try it. But I am not complaining at all - the flavor is so much better than just a regular coffee and it's much cheaper than buying a coffee from Starbucks.

Damn. I wish I were the seller - about 75 cents in materials selling for $30.

Not a cold brew guy but was wondering if there were any reco's on espressos. Been back and forth between Illy and Lavazza lately- stopped with the Illy because I didnt want to be reminded of the CoP shirts in Ocean City every morning. Kind of enjoyed Lavazza more anyway. More of a darker roast which I enjoy. Strictly talking store bought and go through too much in this house to keep buying some hoity toity over priced brand. Do not have a pod machine either.

Reactions: The_Expansion_Crew
Made a homemade cold brew a few times. First time brewed it way to long...18-24 hours seems to be the sweet spot for the amount I was trying to make. Doesn't take much to fine tune it. Haven't made it since, just found myself enjoying the standard hot and black cup of coffee in the morning, the cold brew i only used in a pinch and on the weekends in the afternoon.

Trader Joe's makes a very good cold brew if you get too lazy to make it on your own. Can't help on the espresso front, not a fan.

Yeah I make it. I percolate a 40 oz pot of coffee and stick it in the fridge overnight. Boom, homemade cold brew.

Reactions: kjbert
dmil - my friend has the Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder

Very easy to use, makes great tasting coffe. It's pricey but is top of line. I think there is a newer version.

Yeah I make it. I percolate a 40 oz pot of coffee and stick it in the fridge overnight. Boom, homemade cold brew.
I used to do that too but the coffee just isn't strong enough for me. I prefer a stronger coffee taste.

I make cold brew but just use my French press. I have been tinkering with amount of time I let it steep and the amount of beans. Went a little too short the first time out, have found 18-20 hours works about as well as 24 for me. My local breakfast spot sells stumptown and also has their own house blend so i have tried a few different type of beans.

I usually have a pitcher of cold brew in the fridge, sometimes go the French press route. As long as you get the grind right, it's idiot proof

Nice thing about toddy is that it lasts 7 or so days in the fridge, so it's a quick make in the am.

Not overly efficient though, from a yield standpoint

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT