ADVERTISEMENT

Impressive win for LadyCats 61-52

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
Facing an Oral Roberts team averaging almost 100 points a game, we quickly got down 15-5 as a result of two turnover breakaways and three transition three pointers and things looked bleak. The turnovers continued but the offense started to click. Still down about 10 halfway through the first half, Nova went on a run to finish the half up by six points. Kimmell hit 15 from outside, Sweeney for 8 inside to pace the first half attack. 12 Nova turnovers kept OR in the game.

The defense really picked up in the second half and forced a lot of bad passes, bad shots and turnovers by OR to really shut down their offense. OR had no fouls in the second half had had to foul seven times in the final two minutes just to get us to the foul line where we sealed the deal for the second night in a row.

Good news - Emily Suhey got some quality minutes in and finally got her shot to start falling, hitting 3 of her last four shots to finish with 8 points. Kimmell finished with 20 points, Carey returned to form with 11 and Pearson had another fine game with 10 points. We ran some excellent offensive sets and had only six turnovers in the second half. Harry was in a much more agreeable mood today.

tpenter,

As always, I enjoy and need your comments. Are we playing about nine players the same amount of minutes? Who starts?

OT: The younger Kimmell girl has signed with Sacred Heart; I saw her once score about forty in a high school game. How small is Harpersville the Kimmells home town? The four corners have only two. (maybe unkind but I only meant it as a joke)

Harry is playing everyone except the two walk-ons. Who gets significant minutes depends upon who is in the doghouse that particular game. The same five starters have been Sweeney, Kimmel, Roberts, Carey and Swyizinski. The guards rotating in are Kane, Jones and Pearson. Scanlon and Suhey are the forward rotation but getting limited minutes, I believe Scanlon is limted by her foot problems and Suhey had been out of sync until yesterday's game.

The guards have all done pretty well although Roberts is in the doghouse at the moment. The emergence of Suhey yesterday was a good sign. When she can come in a bang down some threes it really helps out. Looking for Sweeney to have a break-out game. Everyone seems capable of hitting the three ball and if we can continue to shoot as well as we have so far and the defense continues its dominence we could surprise some people this year and build for next year. The height and depth deficiencies on the front line will begin to show up as we face the Big East later on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT