ADVERTISEMENT

Jahlil Okafor

kzryzewski didn't give enough f--k to teach the kid how to screen and roll or demand that he give effort defensively. if okafor got capped tomorrow kzryzewski would make sure the ensuing narrative focused on how "classy" he is, but he doesn't care about the kids he coaches. he cares about himself

nothing tonight within the reasonable realm of possibility could change my mind about who the sixers should have picked. i don't care if okafor has 30 & 15 while zinger shoots 0-12. that the hink opted for this slug instead of pairing noel & zinger is even more depressing than what charles durning has done to the eagles roster

The Porzingis Noel combo would have been perfectly complimentary. Even the most optimistic Three Six Latvia projections didn't put his ascension this early, but Hinkie screwed up. I still want to see Hezonja get unleashed but Skiles is a hardass and Fournier is playing very well in Orlando.

You get the feeling that Okafor or Noel will eventually be traded. Sad

i thought zinger would be worse rebounding than okafor, and i still wanted him. and now he's getting a rebound every three minutes

they're both high-energy players who rebound and block shots, and zinger projects as a giant stretch 4, while noel's best role offensively is as a diver on a team that plays fast and with four out one in

i don't understand what hinkie was thinking. and the more okafor torpedoes his own trade value with his worldstarhiphop horseshit, the worse it looks

he did see something in tj mcconnell that i didn't, though

he did see something in tj mcconnell that i didn't, though

Agree, Hinkie seems to do his best work with 2nd round and undrafted players. I'm still remembering all the talk of KJ McDaniel and what a steal he was in the 2nd round, by a couple weeks after the draft he and his apologists had people convinced he was a cornerstone and should've been a lottery pick.

While other teams spend their time making sure they get the big decisions right, we've got Hinkie identifying guys who if everything breaks right in his development, might be part of a real team's rotation years from now.

I'm just happy Kobe was selfless enough to let the 6ers win and finally end Okafor's crime spree. A true hero

Okafor suspended 2 games, worried how this impacts his gr8est post player of the last 20 years claim by matthew17.

Where are all these amazing 2nd rounders/undrafted players on the Sixers roster?
His crown jewel, McDaniel, appears to be the 11th or 12th man for Houston.

What's more odd is the Rockets actually resigned McDaniels after playing him 0 minutes last year. He is now playing 0 minutes this year. Odd decision in him opting to go back there.

What's more odd is the Rockets actually resigned McDaniels after playing him 0 minutes last year. He is now playing 0 minutes this year. Odd decision in him opting to go back there.
Why would he turn down 3 years, $10m? He's making lottery pick money. Has an player option after two years. His first year contract gamble paid off. He was a restricted free agent anyway. Any team would have had to offer him at least 2 years guaranteed and the max would have been $5m/year.

Last edited:
I assumed the 2 game suspension was so hinkie didnt have to deal with the backlash from fans as porzingis posterized Okafor.

Reactions: cleanwave
big_jah_jahlil_okafor_boston_fight.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT